PDA

View Full Version : Veritas steam bending sysem?

richard poitras
09-27-2007, 9:33 PM
Veritas steam bending system?

I was just wondering if any one has used one / or has one of there bending systems, I have a chance to purchase a complete system straps, clamps, block and tackle, bending book and such, but I am not sure how well they work or if it is worth it. I have never done this kind of application and was thinking about doing some . If any one is familiar with this system can you chime in and give me some pointers on if they system works good and what components does one need to do some bending (just not sure if what the guy is selling are components you would use on a regular basis or if certain components are need more than others).. Any information would be helpfull … thanks

Ed Falis
09-28-2007, 1:37 PM
Richard,

You can download their whole instructional book at the link below for free. Should give you a good idea about their equipment and how to use it.

- Ed

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=31161&cat=1,45866,45867&ap=1

Warren Clemans
09-28-2007, 2:30 PM
Looks like they just supply a tea kettle as the steam source. If you want to do any serious bending--chair backs, boat ribs--you will probably need more steam than that. The good news is that a complete steam rig is dirt cheap. All you need is the propane burner from a turkey fryer, a NEW 5 gallon gas can (to boil the water in), a short length of radiator hose, and a box made out of scrap. It doesn't seem like a good application for a kit.

richard poitras
09-28-2007, 4:16 PM
I have / did look at the site and the bending book, it is informative but also a sales tool, my main question is does the system really work as advertised, just though some one might have use one or have one … thanks