PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic Customer service AOK

Bill Wyko
09-27-2007, 12:56 PM
A couple days ago I was tilting my recently purchased contractor saw and when I tilted it back to zero the blade was miss aligned. I called Powermatic today and asked if I needed to return it. They said no and that they would send someone to my house to make any repair necessary. I should be recieving a call from the service center in a couple hours. Now THATS what I call great customer service.:D :D :D :D

Jim Eller
09-27-2007, 2:32 PM
Bill, I would agree.

I had a problem with a PM 15HH planer I purchased. They tried to correct the problem over the phone but that didn't work out. They then sent the local PM tech out to address the issue(s). We never could get the issue(s) addressed on that machine so they sent a carrier to pick it up.

Jim

Bill Wyko
09-27-2007, 2:42 PM
Sounds like they took care of you too. How long did it take to get your replacement?

Jim Eller
09-27-2007, 7:06 PM
Bill,

I got my money back from the dealer and then purchased a 209H, the 20" with Byrd head.

The time frame about or less than I had expected.

I had a couple of issue with the 209H and the field tech, through PM, has jumped right on it. One being, it was shipped with a bad belt. They replaced the set of 3. The other issue was the off/on switch was damaged during shipment.

Works smooth, quiet and clean.

Jim