PDA

View Full Version : By way of introduction...

Bill Wilson
09-26-2007, 1:41 PM
Since I've already made my first SMC post in the OT forum, I figured I would come here and formally introduce myself.

You already know my name (never could come up with anything clever to use as a forum nom de guerre), so just a little about myself.

I started out learning the building trades from my Dad as a youngster. I worked a couple of years as a carpenter, building new houses, in the late 70's. Learned enough to build my own house and then the bottom fell out of the housing market and I found employment elsewhere.

I've always been interested in making sawdust, so over the years, I've accumulated a few tools and have dabbled in butchering wood to various degrees.

Right now I would say that I'm mostly into scrolling, but I do some other stuff as well, mostly to give away or serve some utilitarian purpose. I'm building a mantle for my daughter & SIL's house right now. I'm no great shakes as a woodworker, so I likely won't have a whole lot to contribute to the forum. Most of the stuff you folks talk about goes over my head anyway, but I do like to listen and maybe pick up a few things along the way.

So, just want to say hello and I'm glad to be here.

Tyler Howell
09-26-2007, 1:57 PM
Welcome Bill,
I'll bet you have more to offer than you think.
Great bunch of folks here.
Wade on in when you can and we love pictures.

Sean Troy
09-26-2007, 2:15 PM
Welcome Bill. Are you from anywhere near Union Town?

Bill Wilson
09-26-2007, 2:35 PM
Thanks Sean,

No, Uniontown is quite a bit south of me. I'm about 40 miles north of Pittsburgh, between Butler and Kittanning.

Jim Kountz
09-26-2007, 2:58 PM
Welcome Bill, you're gunna love this place. Nice bunch of knowledgeable people here!!

David Duke
09-26-2007, 4:04 PM
Just wanted to add my welcome to the creek Bill. As Tyler said I'm sure you have more to offer than what you think. If you lurked for long I'm sure you've found out that this is a great place to learn plus the folks are awful nice!!!!!!

John Gregory
09-26-2007, 5:33 PM
Bill,
Welcome to the forum, you will love it here.

John Shuk
09-26-2007, 7:51 PM
Bill W can be a pretty popular guy. He has friends all over the world.

Bill Wyko
09-26-2007, 8:07 PM
Welcome Bill W. I too am a Bill W. You're gonna love this place. Got any pics of your work? We all like pictures.:D

Jim Becker
09-26-2007, 8:37 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek, Bill!

Bill Wilson
09-27-2007, 8:32 AM
Thanks for the welcome, guys!

As for pictures, I'm afraid I'm so technologically inept that the process of taking my 35mm prints and posting them on line just seems like some kind of scary, electronic voodoo to me. :D

At least that's a convenient excuse for not wanting to display my lack of talent to a worldwide audience. ;) :D