PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman ShopVac Help

Bob Moyer
09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
I loaned my Craftsman 20 gal shopvac to our church, they used it to cleanout a bake tent for a fundraiser, they emptied it, threw away the filter and bought me a new filter. However, they also threw away the pieces that hold the filter to the lid. I went to Sears and they were not able to help me. I do not have the manual since I bought the Vacuum at a yard sale.

Does anyone have the manual or any Macgyver fixes.

Joe Pelonio
09-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Did you try the Sears service/parts center (not the store)? They can look up the part number from the model number.

Randal Stevenson
09-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Your model number is on it's label. Depending on when it was made, it is either an Emerson made (Ridgid parts also fit), or a shop vac made (shop vac parts also fit). What parts are you missing? Most of the new filters went to a compression fit, verses a screw down.

Bob Moyer
09-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Your model number is on it's label. Depending on when it was made, it is either an Emerson made (Ridgid parts also fit), or a shop vac made (shop vac parts also fit). What parts are you missing? Most of the new filters went to a compression fit, verses a screw down.

I am missing the round black disc like attachment and the piece to screw down the filter and disc.

Randal Stevenson
09-26-2007, 11:26 AM
That is the Ridgid style, check the borg. The new filter on it thought should be fine without it, they do make a blank cap that should fit it.

Karlan Talkington
09-26-2007, 11:34 AM
I agree, try the borg and look for a rigid filter to match.

Else you can always google your shop vac model number and see what comes up.

Good luck,
Karlan

Matt Meiser
09-26-2007, 11:40 AM
In the mean time, could you make a replacement from a piece of plywood and use a regular bolt?

Jon Lanier
09-26-2007, 12:44 PM
As a minister, I would want to know that we had done that. You should tell them. They will be more than happy to replace the whole thing/pay for the part. (or should be.)

-Jon