PDA

View Full Version : Akbar and Jeff's Tools

David Weaver
09-26-2007, 7:54 AM
Has anyone here ordered from their list? I was in a fit of buying backsaws a couple of weeks ago, and ordered one off their list. They sent it, I emailed them back and said I'd like to keep it and to let me know how to pay for it.

I haven't heard from them in a week. Is that normal?

I should mention that I'm not complaining about service - I got the tool quickly. It's just opposite compared to how most people work nowadays - they were quick to get me the tool, and they're not rushing to get paid.

Bill Vittal
09-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I had a similar experience with them. Thomas Bruce, who I believe is Akbar & Jeff, has a very demanding "regular job" that keeps him on the road frequently. I had to e-mail him couple of times to get the full price and his mailing address. It took awhile, but we finally completed the transaction.

jonathan snyder
09-26-2007, 11:55 AM
David,

I have bought from Tom. He sells by Old Tool Terms. He will send you the tool, and if you want it, you are expected to send him a check or paypal for the price plus exact shipping cost. If you don't want it, return the tool. When I have ordered from him, he did not include any invoice or correspondence in the box. Check the postage label for cost and get a mailing address from the return address on the box.
I think I have his address, if you want it PM me.

Jonathan

David Weaver
09-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks. I threw out the box because my wife is a habitual "thrower awayer". I do have his email address, and sent him a request to find out what the cost of shipping was and where I should send it.

I also looked around in the box for an invoice, and as you mentioned, there was none.

I like the way he deals, I just have to get through one iteration to know what I'm supposed to do.

I could guess at the shipping cost - it was only for a back saw - but it came in a very large box for what it was, and I might undershoot what it cost to ship.

Steve Clardy
09-26-2007, 1:19 PM
Have a link for their website handy?

Edit. Google found it

gounthar frankfurt
07-12-2011, 4:48 AM
Sorry to dig out such an old thread, but Google gave me workingtools.biz, but the site seems to be down.
Has Thomas Bruce moved?
Thanks.

David Weaver
07-12-2011, 6:56 AM
There was a comment on their page a while ago (hopefully i'm not confusing them with someone else) that said that they had other priorities or something of that sort, and had to shut down the tool page. Don't remember if it was temporary or permanent.

James Scheffler
07-12-2011, 11:43 AM
There was a comment on their page a while ago (hopefully i'm not confusing them with someone else) that said that they had other priorities or something of that sort, and had to shut down the tool page. Don't remember if it was temporary or permanent.

My recollection was that Tom Bruce implied that he would come back to running the business at some point, but it's been a long time since the site went down. I think he was running the business by himself, except that he had one or more people who would find tools for him to sell. I bought a few tools from Tom over the years. Tool condition was as advertised, prices were decent, and service was good. So hopefully he will be back....

Jim S.

gounthar frankfurt
07-12-2011, 3:59 PM
Thanks, guys! ;)