PDA

View Full Version : anyone use ...

Mike Jones NM
09-26-2007, 7:46 AM
the porta mate work center PM7000
http://www.htcproductsinc.com/mswc.html
Looks like it could be the solution to some small shop problems.
Thinking that I could use it for the planer and joiner that are now mounted to my portable work station (would free it up for an assembly table) and also the miter saw and free up the floor space it's stand takes.
ALso has what looks like a pretty good infeed/outfeed setup.
Not sure about investing the $$ for it and several sets of the machine mounts with out hearing from someone who has used it.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Mike

David G Baker
09-26-2007, 8:09 AM
Mike,
Don't know what the unit costs. I paid around $90 for my Ryobi stand at HD and it looks like it will work fine for what ever you want to mount on it. It is heavy, made out of steel and doesn't have the extras like storage or a plug strip but that could be added with a little creative energy and it has the double out feed set up. I have been using it to cut 16' 2x4s. Love the out feed set up.

Mike Jones NM
09-26-2007, 8:23 AM
David, I have looked at several different types. Problem I see with most of them is that the swap over from tool to tool can take a bit of time.
On this one you can get extra sets of machine mounts and the swap over from one tool to the next is a matter of seconds.
How does the Ryobi handle this?
Oh, price looks to be around $350.00 or so with several extra sets of machine mounts.
Thanks
Mike

Randal Stevenson
09-26-2007, 9:03 AM
Doug Kelly down in the EZ forum, bought one of these a bit back and ordered spare tool hold downs. (part 220601 for one pair. $13.35 from M&D mower (Ryobi parts place)).

They don't have a vise, light, or built in power strip. Although I think the power strip is a bad idea for outdoor use, the light, eh. The vise is the only one I could see being useful, but with a spare pair of mounts, and a cheap vise, that could be rectified.