PDA

View Full Version : Hello to All

Brian Triplett
02-02-2004, 3:52 PM
I just recently joined here at Saw Mill and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been reading for about a month now and just thought I might as well join in the fun. A little background for you, I’m a structural engineer working in the Raleigh area of N. Carolina, and I been in woodworking for about 6 months now. I look forward to reading and learning from some of you more experienced guys. Thanks.

PS I attached some of work, please remember I’ve only be doing this for about 6 months now and work area is a single car garage. I post pic of garage later if you want to see.

Bob Lasley
02-02-2004, 4:20 PM
Brian,

Welcome to the Creek. Looks like you're already having lots of fun. The bench and table look great. Quit telling people you've only been doing this for six months and they will think you're an old hand at woodworking when they see your work. Great job!

Bob

Tyler Howell
02-02-2004, 4:41 PM
Welcome to the Creek Brian!

I hate you!:mad:
There are real good people here.....and that's the problem. It's hard to be real average when everyone is really good. Enjoy

Ken Fitzgerald
02-02-2004, 4:43 PM
Brian,
Welcome to the Creek. I'm a relatively new member myself. It looks like you've created a couple of nice projects. Keep up the good work!

George Summers
02-02-2004, 4:53 PM
Welcome Brian -

Glad to have you aboard. Have you considered joining the Triangle Woodworkers Assoc? If you ever get north a little, feel free to stop by. Shops not much but its mine.

George

Brian Triplett
02-02-2004, 5:04 PM
Welcome Brian -

Glad to have you aboard. Have you considered joining the Triangle Woodworkers Assoc? If you ever get north a little, feel free to stop by. Shops not much but its mine.

George

Where does the Triangle Woodworkers Assoc meet and when? Thanks for the info.

Brian

Michael Ballent
02-02-2004, 5:10 PM
PS I attached some of work, please remember I’ve only be doing this for about 6 months now and work area is a single car garage. I post pic of garage later if you want to see.

Six months huh??? I do not think so... You should have seen all the precision cut firewood I created in the early going :D. Nice work keep it coming along!!! and welcome.

-Michael

Bob Marino
02-02-2004, 6:51 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Brian. Only 6 months? Way better than me at that juncture. Keep o9n posting.

Bob

Waymon Campbell
02-02-2004, 7:13 PM
Brian - I'll echo the others...welcome to the creek. I am relatively new myself having just finished my shop. BTW - Nice cherry table...beautiful lines.

Waymon...

Chris Padilla
02-02-2004, 8:16 PM
Hey Brian...welcome to SMC!

Interesting mini-ottoman under that little table...how did you get that large birdseye to look like it was folded across it like fabric??? That is cool! ;)

John Miliunas
02-02-2004, 8:49 PM
TILT! TILT! FOUL I say, FOUL! No fair posting stuff like that on your first "turn" and then, add the little tidbit of having only done this for 6 months. FOUL! :D

Hey, seriously, very nice work! Can't wait to see what you come up with in the NEXT six months! Welcome to the neatest WW forum around. Stop often and stay long! And yes, I for one, would love to see some pics of your shop! (That's real popular around here, donchya' know!) :cool:

Todd Burch
02-02-2004, 9:54 PM
Welcome Brian!

George Summers
02-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Brian -

Try:

http://ibiblio.org/twa/

for the Triangle Woodworkers Association. They have the meeting schedule, copy of the latest newsletter, and information on some of the activities there.

George

Dale Thompson
02-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Hi Brian,
Nice work and nice pictures!! Thank you for joining and sharing. I've been doing this woodworking thing since Biblical times and I still can't handle either a saw or a camera. :o

I just want you to know that I hold the title for lowest self-esteem and least talent on this entire board. It is obvious that you will NOT be a challenge to my title!! :)

Again, thanks for joining us and keep that good stuff coming! I promise that I will control my envy!

Dale T. :confused:

Jeff Skory
02-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi Brian,

Welcome to the Creek. I just joined myself a couple of weeks ago after lurking for a couple of months. And as the rest of the gang says, this is one of the friendliest, most knowledgable, and sharing group I have come across (in any field). :D

Nice table by the way. I'm still at the stage of building jigs for the workshop, but I'm going to start a small table any day now....real soon...

I'll also vote for seeing your shop pictures. I always like to see how other people organize their messes.

Jeff

Chris Johnson
02-03-2004, 8:44 AM
Thats a very nice white tool chest...but it's going to take more than a cordless drill to fill it up. Great excuse for buying more tools! Just kidding, your work looks very nice. Welcome to SMC

I just recently joined here at Saw Mill and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been reading for about a month now and just thought I might as well join in the fun. A little background for you, I’m a structural engineer working in the Raleigh area of N. Carolina, and I been in woodworking for about 6 months now. I look forward to reading and learning from some of you more experienced guys. Thanks.

Daniel Rabinovitz
02-03-2004, 2:19 PM
Brian
Welcome
The pieces are very nice.
I almost missed the panels on the settee, but opened my eyes.
Daniel :cool:

Ted Shrader
02-03-2004, 2:47 PM
Brian -

Welcome to the Creek. Great place to hang out, as you have discovered. From your pictures, it looks like you already have the hang of woodworking. Nice stuff.

Welcome,
Ted

Jason Tuinstra
02-03-2004, 3:19 PM
Brian, I echo the shock of everyone else - 6 months? Very nice work. Welcome to SMC.

Jason

Jim Becker
02-03-2004, 5:48 PM
Welcome and thanks for posting your project pictures, too. You're doing great work!