PDA

View Full Version : Wedding ideas?

Scott Shepherd
09-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Had a client come in today and bring me a piece of glass to laser. It's going into some sort of cabinet for a custom made wedding gift. He mentioned the bride and groom's name, the date, and he said something about something "weddingy". He asked me to "think of something.

The glass is about 12" by 18" with an engraving area of about 8" x 14".

Anyone got any ideas? I've not done any wedding stuff yet. Best thing I can come up with is "RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!" :)

Stephen Beckham
09-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Scott - X3 has a couple great images that I use with my wedding stuff. There is a set wedding rings that are interlocked
There is a Wedding Cake with Bride and Groom on top
Thee are wedding bells that are attached and with hearts in the middle.

The only thing is - I'm not sure if I actually got all three from the X3 disk or a combination of places... If you can't find them - give me a shout and I'll send you my photo album covers I do...

Steve

Joe Pelonio
09-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Anyone got any ideas? I've not done any wedding stuff yet. Best thing I can come up with is "RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!" :)
Hey, watch it now. My oldest daughter just announced last week that she's getting married 9/20/08! Now she and my wife are on the phone for hours every night.

May I suggest that you look at some of the bridal websites for ideas, believe me, there are a LOT of them!

Adam Stacey
09-25-2007, 10:53 AM
I couldn't find any ball and chain clip art, how about something floral?

http://www.mediafire.com/?3eygwct91mh

Barbara Buhse
09-25-2007, 1:50 PM
I think "weddingy" is the wrong way to go... in about 6 months the wedding itself will be forgotten... those things with silly wedding bells or other graphics like that won't endure, especially if its going to be furniture.

how about something with their family crest? www.houseofnames.com (http://www.houseofnames.com) sells the crest as a file to you... about $15. I have had great experience with these crests, usually I will take the file and run it through photgrav first, it somes out nice that way. Also, just a monogram or names with the wedding date would also be nice.

Just a suggestion.

Bill Mason
09-25-2007, 4:55 PM
If this is not a one time job, you might want to look at www.weddingclipart.com. Lots of vector (eps) images you can download. They have an annual subscription with unlimited downloads.

Bill Cunningham
09-25-2007, 9:25 PM
"weddingy" is pretty subjective, and can mean many thing to many people.. I got a order today for a couple getting married on Halloween, and the inscription starts "Welcome to the Sacrifice of" and then the names...Last year I Had a (I assume), young 'goth' girl wanting wedding glasses engraved, and asked me what kind, or styles of 'skulls', do I have available :eek:

I think Barbara is right.. the "weddingy" stuff will be old hat in a year..
A nice 'scripty' "flowered words of wisdom" can be nice too..
My wife suggests:
"What's your is mine...What's Mine is Mine"!
Thats the way it works out anyway!!:D

Vicky Orsini
09-26-2007, 1:00 PM
Last year I Had a (I assume), young 'goth' girl wanting wedding glasses engraved, and asked me what kind, or styles of 'skulls', do I have available :eek: I wonder how they're going to feel about that particular wedding theme when they're looking back 20 years from now. :rolleyes:

Pete Simmons
09-26-2007, 2:46 PM
Check out the Apache Wedding Blessing.

I have one on my website.

Mike Null
09-26-2007, 2:56 PM
Just as an idea starter here's an anniversary thing I did last year by just manipulating the letters in Corel.

Scott Shepherd
09-26-2007, 3:01 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. All I was given were the first names and the date. I don't fully understand what it's going on, but it's about 12" x 18" safety glass, so I'm assuming some sort of cabinet.

Thanks for all the help. I'm sure I can work something up from all those ideas.

Frank Corker
09-28-2007, 6:08 AM
Steve, sorry for the delay in replying, I haven't taken that time thinking (I'm actually a little quicker than that but I've been a bit down with a cold).

What is nice, is to find out where the couple were married, have a look and see if there are any pictures online of the church they were married in and engrave that with the writing around it. I've done that a few times and it always suprises the customer.

Most of the other stuff these days is 'corny', the hands together with a ring, it's all getting a little too much like a repeat performance of a Columbo investigation on TV. Try for something different, different is quite often a good thing and most certainly unique is the way to go.

AL Ursich
09-28-2007, 9:55 PM
I was planning on putting the wedding invitation on Black Marble then a wood frame and the words engraved, "Let it be written in Stone".....

AL

Bill Cunningham
09-29-2007, 1:18 PM
I wonder how they're going to feel about that particular wedding theme when they're looking back 20 years from now. :rolleyes:

Makes you also wonder how their also going to explain the Tattoos to their grandchildren :D Other than of course "it seemed like a good idea at the time" :rolleyes: I'm just so glad none of my three daughters took up with any one that looked like they might make an excellent fishing lure!:eek: