PDA

View Full Version : Basic Question re PC 690LRVS

Ken Stevens
09-24-2007, 12:02 PM
I sure can use some advice. I setup the new PC 690LRVS with Model 1001-T2 base in the new router stand I bought from Rockler. This has an aluminum insert which I attached to the base after removing the standard base plate. Much to my puzzlement, I can not zero the bit to the base plate because the motor can not be raised high enough without falling out of the base assembly.

What am I missing? I measure many of my existing bits and not many of them will work. The 1/2 dia shanks seem roughly standardized on 1 3/8 inch, but the length of the bit varies. Total length of 2 11/16 and higher will not work -- in terms of being able to zero to the surface of the mounting plate. The depth of the collet seems too shallow.

What should I do? Do I have a faulty designed router? Have I left off some spacer or part?

Creekers, please help.......

Thanks for your specific comments.
Ken

Kent Fitzgerald
09-24-2007, 6:58 PM
after removing the standard base plate
Could that be the problem?

Dan Stuewe
09-24-2007, 8:03 PM
I'm not sure what the max range of motion for the fixed base PC960, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was less than 2 11/16". BTW, why do you want to zero the bit to the baseplate? I can see zeroing it for hand held use and using the collar to set a depth, but in a table it would be easier to measure the bit hight straight from the table/insert. It could be that I'm missing something that I need to learn about since I recently bought a Rockler router table and put my PC690 in it too!