PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable 7539 Router Question?

CPeter James
09-24-2007, 10:26 AM
I picked up a used Porter Cable 7539 router this weekend at an auction. It is a Type I. What is the difference between a Type I, Type II and a Type III? Are there upgrades that can be done. This is supposedly a low use machine that was only used for demos at a local woodworking store. It seems to run nicely and is very smooth starting and running. This is the big plunge model.

Photo plolice please note, picture to follow later today.

CPeter

Peter Stahl
09-24-2007, 9:04 PM
I have a 7539 too and couldn't tell you what type it is. I looked on this site http://www.ereplacementparts.com/porter-cable-router-parts-c-129_1672.html and from the parts list I couldn't tell what the differences were. These are heavy duty routers and should last a long time.

Brian Weick
09-24-2007, 9:49 PM
type I , II and III has to do with the electronics- ie switch - if you look at the hyperlink parts list from peters post you will notice that type III has a switch at the very bottom of the data sheet- write below part #189 -with no part # - the others I and II do not show this on the part list. It also may be the location of the switch itself- the part#s go into 189 but the schematic doesn't go much past 140 something. that's what i came up with- wacky schematic and part listing.:rolleyes:
Brian

CPeter James
09-24-2007, 9:51 PM
Mine says Type I on it and I know from the reading that I have done that there are type II and type III. I have a PC biscuit joiner aand it too is a type III and there were significant differences in them.

It is a nice super heavy duty router and has a much larger motor than my Milwaukee 5625. the plunge action is really smooth, too.

Brian Weick
09-24-2007, 10:08 PM
CPeter,
Can you put some pictures of that bad boy on this thread?:D
Brian