PDA

View Full Version : Slow weekend

Bart Leetch
02-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Thursday I bent over to lift 1 wheel at a time of a shop vac full of water over a 1" high threshold & ended up at the Chiropractors who informed me I have a disk bulging to the inside on the left side of my lower back pinching a nerve. This is a work related injury an apartment had a toilet tank that ruptured while the resident was in the hospital. I had an appointment with the Chiropractor again on Friday & will have another today. I am doing much better & did manage to get out to the shop both Saturday & Sunday for about 2 hours each day. Mostly just sat around & read wood working related magazines & watched Roy or Norm or Scott either on TV or tape & looking at tool catalogs. I prefer being on my feet it doesn't hurt as much so its sit down & stand up time. About 4 years ago I went through this due to prolonged reaching overhead while doing exterior painting but it was much worse.

John Miliunas
02-02-2004, 12:37 PM
I feel your pain, Bart. Messed up my back 20+ years ago. At the time, the Chiro said it wasn't bad enough for surgery (thank God!), but it would bother me the rest of my life. He was right! Some days are worse than others, but usually a good night's rest and I'm good to go. Sometimes, though, it really kicks me in the butt and I'm more worthless than usual. Hope you get over it quickly. It just kind of "gets in the way" when you can't function as you normally like to. :cool:

Jim Becker
02-02-2004, 5:02 PM
"Ouch!" I sure do hope you feel better soon...pain is not a fun thing and functioning without woodworking is even worse!

Waymon Campbell
02-02-2004, 7:22 PM
I too have had back problems over the years and I understand what you are going thru. Hope you recover swiftly. Use the time you cannot be in the shop to good effect (like planning a few more projects, tool shopp'in, etc...). Get well soon.

Waymon...

Fred Voorhees
02-02-2004, 7:28 PM
Well, I can see that I am not alone with the occasional back problem. Been there and done that :( ! Just the other day, I asked my wife is she remembered back about eight years when I slipped on the ice out on our driveway and twisted my leg so bad I needed therapy for about two months. That had to be worse than even any of the back stuff.