PDA

View Full Version : Which Kreg pocket hole kit?

Dewayne Reding
09-24-2007, 8:26 AM
I've read so many good things here about pocket hole joinery for cabinet face frames, and I have decided to take the plunge. I'm a little overwhelmed at all the choices in the Kreg lineup. Small kits in the $50 range. Master kit on sale for about $125 shipped after rebates. What capabilities do I get for the extra money?

For lack of a better way to describe it, what do I need, to get a professional looking "flat and tight" face frame joint.

David G Baker
09-24-2007, 8:38 AM
I like my Master kit but there are a few items in it that I haven't used yet. I also purchased the table top mounting plate and the vice grip type clamp. $125 is a very good price.

Jim Becker
09-24-2007, 8:41 AM
The Master kit is the way to go...it gives you everything for a reasonable price for both a fixed workstation setup an portability when you need to work directly on a carcass.

frank shic
09-24-2007, 9:55 AM
i sold the k2000 and bought the older aluminum one since i usually use only 3/4" stock and the vacuum attachment isn't all that important to me. the original jig doesn't flex as much as the plastic sucessors do.