PDA

View Full Version : Storing parts?

Robert Goodwin
02-02-2004, 11:04 AM
How do you all store your parts for projects as you are building them? I am currently building a cradle. I have some subassemblies done and some parts that still need the joinery cut. Now matter how careful I am, by the time I get to final dry fit, they all look like they have been used as mallets for hand cutting mortices. How do you keep your parts from achieving that antiqued look that is so popular before finishing the project?

Mark Singer
02-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Robert,
I find a quiet place in the shop...up high or out of the way...# each piece and do my final sanding just prior to assembly . Then a final, final sanding after glue up.
Watch your metal tools...screws etc.that is where the disressing is coming from

Dennis Peacock
02-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Robert....

Like Mark pointed out....I "find" a quiet place in the shop....if there IS one at that time. :) And I even cover them at times with an old blankey in case the TS decides to toss a scrap that way or if I mess up a nice piece of expensive wood and get a little upset about it and "gently toss" the now expensive scrap over in that direction. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though.....I have even used the dining room, great room, washroom....any room becomes fair game when I am working on a project and LOML understands it.