PDA

View Full Version : baltic birch ply

Craig Hogarth
09-23-2007, 9:32 PM
After stopping by Michaels yesterday, I was shocked to see 1/32 baltic birch at $11 per sheet. My other suppliers are out, but I found some at misterart.com for under $6.00 per sheet. That's the aircraft grade stuff too.

Howard Garner
09-23-2007, 10:40 PM
After stopping by Michaels yesterday, I was shocked to see 1/32 baltic birch at $11 per sheet. My other suppliers are out, but I found some at misterart.com for under $6.00 per sheet. That's the aircraft grade stuff too.

Good Luck.

Some of the Midwest brand 1/64 plywood would not cut for me.
Found it at Hobby Lobby.

Howard Garner

Craig Hogarth
09-23-2007, 11:01 PM
The midwest aircraft is my wood of choice for business cards. I can go down to 7 pt font on new times roman and it comes out as dark as an inkjet.

Nancy Laird
09-23-2007, 11:56 PM
A company called Aircraft Spruce is a good source for 1/32" Finnish birch ply. It comes in 4x4' sheets, at $26.50 a sheet and you can cut it down on the table saw into laserable size. The 1/64" is $40.00 a sheet. If you'r using 12x24" sheets in the laser, that's 8 pieces to a sheet. They are at www.aircraftspruce.com (http://www.aircraftspruce.com). When our regular supplier - Sloan's - said they were out and didn't know when they would be getting any, we started searching on the 'net for another source and found this one. It's the best price we found, although you do have to add shipping to the cost.

Nancy (89 days)