PDA

View Full Version : N.E. Patriots

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Gary Keedwell
09-23-2007, 6:26 PM
:D :D :D What are the crybabies gonna say now that the Patriots have won their third game without cheating? 38-7:cool:

Gary K.

Tim Morton
09-23-2007, 7:48 PM
Go pats!!!:D :D :D :D

Gary Keedwell
09-23-2007, 8:16 PM
Go pats!!!:D :D :D :D
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Right on,:D Tim

Jon Lanier
09-23-2007, 9:53 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4452/bengal5fj8.jpg

WHO DEY!

Greg Peterson
09-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Go Pack! 3-0 and absolutely no cheating whatsoever. No need to put an asterisk next to their name. This season or any previous season. Kinda nice.

Gary Keedwell
09-23-2007, 10:38 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gifPack? How many rings do they wear?:cool:

Gary Keedwell
09-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Go Pack! 3-0 and absolutely no cheating whatsoever. No need to put an asterisk next to their name. This season or any previous season. Kinda nice.
There are only two kind of teams in the NFL. The Patriots. And the ones who want to be like the Patriots.:cool: :D

Gary K.

Jon Lanier
09-23-2007, 11:23 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gifPack? How many rings do they wear?:cool:

I'm not a Packer fan, but your question seemed a little strange so I researched the history of the Packers and this is what I found:

The Packers were formed in 1919 and joined the NFL in 1921. No team in NFL history has won more championships than the Packers which has earned Green Bay the moniker, "Titletown USA." Over the years, the Packers have twice strung together three straight league crowns (1929-31, and 1965-67). In all, the franchise has claimed a record 12 NFL championships including three Super Bowl titles.

Be careful how you taunt others... ;)
Now you can dog me on the Bengals all you want. I will remain faithful, I'm not a sunshine patriot. :p

Gary Keedwell
09-23-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm not a Packer fan, but your question seemed a little strange so I researched the history of the Packers and this is what I found:

The Packers were formed in 1919 and joined the NFL in 1921. No team in NFL history has won more championships than the Packers which has earned Green Bay the moniker, "Titletown USA." Over the years, the Packers have twice strung together three straight league crowns (1929-31, and 1965-67). In all, the franchise has claimed a record 12 NFL championships including three Super Bowl titles.

Be careful how you taunt others... ;)
Now you can dog me on the Bengals all you want. I will remain faithful, I'm not a sunshine patriot. :p
Sunshine Patriot? Man, I have been following them from way back before they had their own stadium and had to play in Fenway Park. No fans have suffered as much as we have. (I think)
As far as my question about rings...I was referring to the present players and coaches. Only having some light hearted fun....It took us a long,long time for us to get the first Super Bowl Win. Man, I still remember the awful years of the 60's, 70's and alot of the 80's. Ya hafta enjoy the good moments when you can, because they can be fleeting....:( ;)
Gary

Jon Lanier
09-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Sunshine Patriot?

Sorry Gary, I too, just having some friendly banter. I just laughed at my self. I didn't realize the play on words when I wrote that. I was actually alluding to the famous quote back in 1778, Thomas Paine warned Americans about false patriots who wave the flag on sunny days, but fail to uphold liberty in stormy weather:

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

I use that quote to let folks know that I will stick with the Bengals no matter what. Talk about bad. The Cincinnati Bengals were declared the biggest losing team of all time for a 10 year stretch. Not just in football, but for any professional team sport. UGH!

Greg Pavlov
09-24-2007, 12:00 AM
:D :D :D What are the crybabies gonna say now that the Patriots have won their third game without cheating? 38-7:cool:
Gary K.

I'm not sure that outscoring what passes for Buffalo Bills these days is considered a "win." :D

Dick Rowe
09-24-2007, 5:36 AM
Gary,

As I recall the Packers latest Super Bowl ring was earned by defeating the Patriots.

The Packers have been World Champions 12 times.

Gary Keedwell
09-24-2007, 6:32 AM
Gary,

As I recall the Packers latest Super Bowl ring was earned by defeating the Patriots.

The Packers have been World Champions 12 times.
I know Dick....but I was talking about more recently...Like this Century:eek: :)
Gary

David G Baker
09-24-2007, 8:35 AM
Looks like the opposing teams will have to start cheating if they want to remain in the competition.

Joe Pelonio
09-24-2007, 9:45 AM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4452/bengal5fj8.jpg

WHO DEY!

I have to say that was a good close game last night, but both teams made a lot of mistakes. The Seahawks won but I'm not real confident about them this year. They sure can't stop the short pass by Palmer.

Jon Lanier
09-24-2007, 10:08 AM
I have to say that was a good close game last night, but both teams made a lot of mistakes. The Seahawks won but I'm not real confident about them this year. They sure can't stop the short pass by Palmer.

Joe, we have no defense. Same thing it seems every year. They didn't use the draft or trade to do anything for the defense. We've go one of the Top offenses, but you can't win a championship if you lose...even if its only by a few points. My bet it we'll have an 8-8 season and 6 of those loss's will be with in 4 points.

Keel McDonald
09-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I know Dick....but I was talking about more recently...Like this Century:eek: :)
Gary

Hey, if you only want to talk about the most recent, let's talk about the Colts. They are the only current champions. And to the best of my knowledge, they didn't CHEAT anyone. They EARNED theirs. And they are well on their way to another great season, possibly even another Super Bowl win.

And though I am a Colts fan (mainly because Manning played for the VOLS), my true loyalty lies with the Titans. But I know a good team when I see one.

Brian Weick
09-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Gary,
Gary, send me some Prozac-- please! New England Patriots have their game plan down and they are a very good team - no doubt. I don't think that the play peaking incident had anything to do with the way New England played against the prior teams- if they bothered with that at all, they are just a well rounded football team.
I , unfortunately , was on the receiving end of a horrible game, being a dye hard Bills fan. I was glad to see our backup in the game- People around the Buffalo area are starting to question Lossmans confidence. Every game he's played is relating to his last name- " It's another Loss man". Your team is Lucky so far as to not have 9 injuries to key players out of the game- 9. Can you imagine loosing that many 3 weeks into the season! Our team is so battered not only on the defense. now it's the offense line that is missing some key players. Our play calling on both ends needs some improvement as well- and in a hurry,It doesn't look good- not good at all. Last weeks game - we had the lead- 4th quarter with 3:47 remaining, it's 3rd down and four to go for another set of downs - offensive line coach calls in a long bomb- what was he thinking! Needless to say we lost the game, my hat goes off to your New england Patriots Gary and the whole organization- very good team- I just wish it was my home town team.:(
Brian

Larry Conely
09-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I'll cheer the Pats because of Brady. Someday, we hope to have a pro team here in Detroit.

Larry

Greg Peterson
09-24-2007, 2:41 PM
It's all about having a good time and enjoying the games.

The Pats have put together some pretty incredible seasons. As a sports fan, I know how that feels. It's just a shame that the Pats so blatantly league rules against a lesser opponent. The natural question that begs to be asked is 'was this only time they cheated and if not, how far back and what games did they cheat in?' I know that during Packers game last year, packer security threw the pats camera man out of Lambeau field, so it appears this has been going on for some time.

The only pro franchise we have is the Trailblazers. So naturally, I follow the NBA fairly close. Not as closely as I follow the NFL or the Packers of course. The recent NBA ref scandal is similar to the Pats cheating for the same reason; every close call by an NBA ref will be now questioned.

I would rather believe that the Pats have been the superior team in their numerous victories over the past several years than have to go back and second guess whether or not they honestly earned the win. I feel bad for the Pats fans more than anyone else. With the JailBlazers tag, that frankly was well deserved, it ain't alot of fun to have your team cast in a negative light.

Here's to a great, entertaining season of pro football.

Go Packers.

And I was rooting for the Bengals yesterday. It was a heart breaker.

TYLER WOOD
09-24-2007, 2:43 PM
Go Seahawks!!! Go Houston Texans!!! Go TTU Red Raiders!!! Go Texas Rangers!!!

NUff said. No champions in my string of cheers! I root for looohooohooosers. Go figure. Well ok I like the Dallas Stars. So I get to cheer about 2 championship season in a combined 5 teams.

Martin Shupe
09-24-2007, 2:49 PM
Dallas is 3-0 and looking remarkably good this year.:)

Greg Stanford
09-24-2007, 2:52 PM
go saints!

Greg Peterson
09-24-2007, 4:12 PM
Now that Dallas is 3-0, can we expect that whole "America's Team" nonsense again?

Mike Ramsey
09-24-2007, 4:27 PM
How About Them Cowboys!!

Greg Peterson
09-24-2007, 5:24 PM
Yeah, I figured so. Death, taxes and "America's Team" soon as the cowboys get any kind of respectable record.

Go Packers !

Tim Morton
09-24-2007, 6:15 PM
No fans have suffered as much as we have. (I think)

well maybe except the red sox fans, but that is kind of a group rate for suffering here in NE:eek:

Tim Morton
09-24-2007, 6:21 PM
To those people who insist on bringing up the video incident...i would wager that 100% of the teams do the exact same thing . I am not proud of what happened, but i do not think it deserves an "asterisk" either. We have scored 38 points each of the first 3 games and i would expect that number to increase as the patriots kick into high gear. We are still missing some VERY key players on defense...BTW:eek:

Martin Shupe
09-24-2007, 6:58 PM
Now that Dallas is 3-0, can we expect that whole "America's Team" nonsense again?

I sure hope not. They lost that title when they treated Tom Landry poorly. Tom was a class act, and was not treated well at the end by the new owner.

Gary Keedwell
09-24-2007, 7:00 PM
To those people who insist on bringing up the video incident...i would wager that 100% of the teams do the exact same thing . I am not proud of what happened, but i do not think it deserves an "asterisk" either. We have scored 38 points each of the first 3 games and i would expect that number to increase as the patriots kick into high gear. We are still missing some VERY key players on defense...BTW:eek:
I know what you mean, Tim. I think they (Greg) bring it up because of jealousy. Just like they used to like to see the Yankees lose or the Great Celtic's teams tumble.
Everybody knows that the Pats are great and do not need any help from any stinkin videos. 3 games and 114 points to prove it.:eek: :eek: :D
Gary K.

Greg Peterson
09-24-2007, 7:50 PM
I've nothing to jealous about. The Packers are a storied franchise. Favre has the most wins and will have the most TD passes in league history, three CONSECUTIVE MVP's and a Super Bowl ring.

Not taking anything away from the Pats, per say. However, if every other team was video taping signals and then matching them up with defensive sets at half time, I'm sure the commissioner would be a whole lot busier. And if every other team was doing this it would still be wrong.

Gary Keedwell
09-24-2007, 8:00 PM
I've nothing to jealous about. The Packers are a storied franchise. Favre has the most wins and will have the most TD passes in league history, three CONSECUTIVE MVP's and a Super Bowl ring.

Not taking anything away from the Pats, per say. However, if every other team was video taping signals and then matching them up with defensive sets at half time, I'm sure the commissioner would be a whole lot busier. And if every other team was doing this it would still be wrong.
The guy who dropped the dime on Belicheck , used to work for Belicheck. They have been having a fued. I saw the tape that they confiscated and it was hilarious. Four coachs giving the signs at the same time.:D Hey the Packers had their time....now it's our turn....Come on Greg...Feel good for us....Be nice....:)
Gary K

Greg Peterson
09-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Hey, as a sports fan, I know how fun and great it is when it's your teams turn to shine in the spotlight. I've nothing more against the Pat's than any other dominant team in any other league. The top dog(s) get the most praise and the most criticism. Can't have one without the other, just the way it works.

I'm happy for all the long suffering Pat's fans to finally have a great team these past few years and a new stadium to watch them play in. I've no doubt its indeed a great thing.

Now if we could just do something for those Cardinals fans. Talk about long suffering!

Keel McDonald
09-25-2007, 1:07 PM
Hey, as a sports fan, I know how fun and great it is when it's your teams turn to shine in the spotlight. I've nothing more against the Pat's than any other dominant team in any other league. The top dog(s) get the most praise and the most criticism. Can't have one without the other, just the way it works.

I'm happy for all the long suffering Pat's fans to finally have a great team these past few years and a new stadium to watch them play in. I've no doubt its indeed a great thing.

Now if we could just do something for those Cardinals fans. Talk about long suffering!

I assume you mean the FOOTBALL Cardinals of Arizona, and not the BASEBALL Cardinals of St. Louis. LOL!

Eric Franklin
09-25-2007, 1:21 PM
Go Lions!

Someone had to say it...

Greg Peterson
09-25-2007, 1:27 PM
Yes, Arizona "We Let 'em off the hook" Cardinals.

Thanks in part to the Lions, the Packers are in sole possession of the NFC North. Ten wins? Possible. I would rather see the Lions have a good season than the vikings. If the vikings ever see anything higher than fourth place in the division it'll be too soon!;)

Mark Rios
09-25-2007, 4:17 PM
Pat's suck.....Cowboys suck.......Colts suck........Packers suck........the only REAL football teams are the CA Bay Area teams.

BTW, what's a Super Bowl? What's a P-l-a-y-o-f-f ?????? Also, we here in Nor Cal have heard rumors that football is played after December. Is this true???? What for??????

:D :D :D :D :D

Greg Peterson
09-25-2007, 6:13 PM
Some teams continue playing after the holidays. These are the chosen teams, selected before the start of the season in a sacred and secretive ceremony. It is rumored that only teams with a winning record are allowed to play after December, but it is possible for a team with a losing record to be allowed to play.

After the Raiders complete collapse in their last Super Bowl appearance, the league elders decreed that the Raiders were to be banished from post-season play indefinitely.

The 49er's on the other hand will be permitted to play in the post season soon. Thus far they show the greatest promise of representing the Bay area, post seasonwise that is.

Until such time as a Bay area team is granted entrance into the post season, my advice to you is to embrace the light and join forces with the Packers fan base. You can enjoy winning and possibly even a post season experience this year.

Gary Keedwell
09-25-2007, 7:42 PM
I hope so Greg, I would like to see your old quarterback go out in glory.(I have an old person brain fart...can't remember his name). We (the Pats) got a tough game this coming Monday nite. Bengals:eek: :eek:
Gary K.

Greg Peterson
09-25-2007, 7:45 PM
Everyone brings their A game to the Pats. It ain't easy when you have that bullseye on your back. Look forward to an entertaining game regardless.

Phyllis Meyer
09-26-2007, 8:52 AM
All of our teams have gone through the GLORY DAYS, the not so good seasons, and it all comes down to: We love football! Staying behind your team through the good and bad is what it is all about! Of course it is much easier to be behind them when they win. The folks at Lambeau Field stay till the end even if their team looses!

Brett Favre (will anyone argue) has got to be one of the most entertaining and talented quarterbacks in the league! And...he is having fun! Buy some cheeseheads everyone and enjoy the season!

GO PACKERS:D:)

Phyllis

Andy Hoyt
09-26-2007, 9:06 AM
I miss Lou "The Toe" Groza

Greg Narozniak
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM

Why not the media created that name way back and as a loyal fan I like it. This is just like the "Steel Curtain" or the "Dog Pound" or "Raider Nation". Do you know why there is a hole in the roof of Texas Stadium? :) Dallas fans will know.

Well since the Yankees had to be mentioned I think it could be worse, we could be like Boston fans and have shirts made up that say New Jersey sucks and then under it it says Yankees suck (Referring to when the Nets beat the Celtics in the playoffs. I saw this when I was at a red sox game) or chant Yankees suck in the middle of the 6th inning at a home game REGARDLESS of who they are playing (was at the same game and they played the Tigers) or chant Yankees suck during the Super bowl celebration. Obsess much? New England should be glad they have the Pats because Red Sox fans are plain and simple a bunch of babies. I am actually proud to be a fan of a team (Yankees) were a Red Sox fan can wear his teams colors in our house and not get beaten up for it. Try that in Fenway.

It is very sad that in New England Children have to come home crying because in LITTLE LEAGUE they are put on a team called the Yankees. This is brought on by Ignorant parents who are without a doubt ignorant fans, again Plain and simple. Some NE company was actually paying for new uniforms for little league teams named the Yankees to be named something else. These, Like racism or bias is taught and learned from parents and other fans, very sad. I have three Sister in Laws in Mass. as well as my wife being from Shrewsbury MA. so this is not just a rant, everything I said is fact.

Now back to the topic. The Pats cheated and IMHWWO they were not hit hard enough. If they are so dam good why did they have to do it in the first place? Should have been a DQ. If it would have been the Yankees stealing signs you can bet the WHOLE FARM that they would be calling for it to be a loss.

Off Soap box now...

Bill Wilson
09-26-2007, 1:19 PM
Maybe this is as good a place to jump into the fray with my first SMC post.

I'm a Steeler fan and know a little about dynasties. I've admired and respected the Pats/Bill Belichick/Tom Brady for several years. IMHO they have shown a lot of class in winning consistently, even though they bounced my Steelers out of the AFC Championship a few years ago. I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I don't begrudge them their success. That said, the whole flap over the video-taping just diminishes their reputation. I don't know if it creates any real competitive advantage or if every other NFL team does it or not, but it just seems like a stupid thing to do, especially given the warnings the league issued to each team and the fact that Goodell is a no-nonsense commish.

The Steelers play the Pats in December (in NE). The way both teams are playing right now, this could be shaping up to be a really good game and maybe a prelude to the AFC title game. By then this whole controversy will likely be forgotten.

Greg Peterson
09-26-2007, 1:49 PM
The Cowboys are not America's team. And it is a bit brazen and the height of arrogance to claim ones team represents America. The Cowboys deserve all the ridicule that comes their way as a result of embracing this title. Steel Curtain, Dog House or even Title Town are provincial descriptions. America doesn't need a professional sports franchise representing us.

The pats cheated, plain and simple. They willingly and purposely defied league rules. Whether or not the data collected provided any significant advantage is moot. They knowingly broke the rules in the pursuit of gaining a competitive advantage.

According to Merriam-Webster:
cheat
1 : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
2 : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
3 : to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>
intransitive verb
1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>
2 : to be sexually unfaithful -- usually used with on <was cheating on his wife>
3 : to position oneself defensively near a particular area in anticipation of a play in that area <the shortstop was cheating toward second base>

As for how far back this behavior goes for the Pats, the league is currently refusing to answer. They aren't confirming or denying whether or not the Pats cheated in their last Super Bowl appearance. A refusal to deny doesn't automatically mean that they did cheat, but given the flap with the NBA's gambling ref, I wonder why the NFL is trying to get ahead of this problem and shore up any doubts about the integrity of the game? I'm not sure what advantage they gain by not coming out and saying the is no evidence of past cheating.

And the $1.5 million fine is yet another indication of the severity or scope of the scandal. Did Goddel have evidence that the video taping went back to previous seasons? He did send out the 'No-Taping' letter in September of 2006. What precipitated this policy?

Lots of unanswered questions, and now that the toothpaste is out of the tube, I'll be seconding guessing the Pats just like I will second guess NBA ref's.

Can't even enjoy a game without someone screwing it up.

Mark Rios
09-26-2007, 4:04 PM
Some teams continue playing after the holidays. These are the chosen teams, selected before the start of the season in a sacred and secretive ceremony. It is rumored that only teams with a winning record are allowed to play after December, but it is possible for a team with a losing record to be allowed to play.

After the Raiders complete collapse in their last Super Bowl appearance, the league elders decreed that the Raiders were to be banished from post-season play indefinitely.

The 49er's on the other hand will be permitted to play in the post season soon. Thus far they show the greatest promise of representing the Bay area, post seasonwise that is.

Until such time as a Bay area team is granted entrance into the post season, my advice to you is to embrace the light and join forces with the Packers fan base. You can enjoy winning and possibly even a post season experience this year.

:D :D :D :D :D ROFL :D :D :D :D :D

Gary Keedwell
09-26-2007, 5:42 PM
The Cowboys are not America's team. And it is a bit brazen and the height of arrogance to claim ones team represents America. The Cowboys deserve all the ridicule that comes their way as a result of embracing this title. Steel Curtain, Dog House or even Title Town are provincial descriptions. America doesn't need a professional sports franchise representing us.

The pats cheated, plain and simple. They willingly and purposely defied league rules. Whether or not the data collected provided any significant advantage is moot. They knowingly broke the rules in the pursuit of gaining a competitive advantage.

According to Merriam-Webster:
cheat
1 : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
2 : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
3 : to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>
intransitive verb
1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>
2 : to be sexually unfaithful -- usually used with on <was cheating on his wife>
3 : to position oneself defensively near a particular area in anticipation of a play in that area <the shortstop was cheating toward second base>

As for how far back this behavior goes for the Pats, the league is currently refusing to answer. They aren't confirming or denying whether or not the Pats cheated in their last Super Bowl appearance. A refusal to deny doesn't automatically mean that they did cheat, but given the flap with the NBA's gambling ref, I wonder why the NFL is trying to get ahead of this problem and shore up any doubts about the integrity of the game? I'm not sure what advantage they gain by not coming out and saying the is no evidence of past cheating.

And the $1.5 million fine is yet another indication of the severity or scope of the scandal. Did Goddel have evidence that the video taping went back to previous seasons? He did send out the 'No-Taping' letter in September of 2006. What precipitated this policy?

Lots of unanswered questions, and now that the toothpaste is out of the tube, I'll be seconding guessing the Pats just like I will second guess NBA ref's.

Can't even enjoy a game without someone screwing it up.
Why don't you just get over it. Trying to steal somebody's signals go back before
Ty Cobb for crying out loud. Real cheating is like doctoring up a baseball before it is pitched. Or putting corks in the baseball bat for extra power.
Trying to steal signals is as american as apple pie. It is stealing..not cheating...big difference. Brady doesn't "cheat" when he throws the ball on the money. Our receivers don't cheat when they make a great catch.
Trying to steal signals in football is overated anyways. There just isn't enough time between when they might pick it up and when you can impliment it. Some of this Ranting is really crazy. Reminds me of the Bush Hateful Syndrome.l Please get over it and talk real football.
Gary K.

Greg Peterson
09-26-2007, 6:54 PM
Cheating is cheating.

Tim Morton
09-26-2007, 8:23 PM
Why not the media created that name way back and as a loyal fan I like it. This is just like the "Steel Curtain" or the "Dog Pound" or "Raider Nation". Do you know why there is a hole in the roof of Texas Stadium? :) Dallas fans will know.

Well since the Yankees had to be mentioned I think it could be worse, we could be like Boston fans and have shirts made up that say New Jersey sucks and then under it it says Yankees suck (Referring to when the Nets beat the Celtics in the playoffs. I saw this when I was at a red sox game) or chant Yankees suck in the middle of the 6th inning at a home game REGARDLESS of who they are playing (was at the same game and they played the Tigers) or chant Yankees suck during the Super bowl celebration. Obsess much? New England should be glad they have the Pats because Red Sox fans are plain and simple a bunch of babies. I am actually proud to be a fan of a team (Yankees) were a Red Sox fan can wear his teams colors in our house and not get beaten up for it. Try that in Fenway.

It is very sad that in New England Children have to come home crying because in LITTLE LEAGUE they are put on a team called the Yankees. This is brought on by Ignorant parents who are without a doubt ignorant fans, again Plain and simple. Some NE company was actually paying for new uniforms for little league teams named the Yankees to be named something else. These, Like racism or bias is taught and learned from parents and other fans, very sad. I have three Sister in Laws in Mass. as well as my wife being from Shrewsbury MA. so this is not just a rant, everything I said is fact.

Off Soap box now...

yeah...NY fans are the BEST..ever been to a jets game in NJ or ever just TALK to a Giants fan:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

go sox!!! :D :D

Gary Keedwell
09-26-2007, 8:48 PM
Cheating is cheating.
Ya I know.....We'er going to feel so GUILTY when we win another Super Bowl:cool: :rolleyes: :D
Gary K.

Greg Peterson
09-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Tim, I didn't know a Giants fan was capable of talking. I've read that they communicate in a series of grunts and groans. Could just be an urban myth.

Gary - More power to ya if you care more about winning than how you win. I'm not saying that players/coaches/teams don't look for any kind of an edge they can get (legal or otherwise), but the Pats got caught with their hands in the cookie jar and there ain't nooooo backpedaling from that one. I'm just saying that I Barry Bonds, Phil Jackson and now the Pats all get an unofficial asterisk in the record books.

Gary Keedwell
09-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Tim, I didn't know a Giants fan was capable of talking. I've read that they communicate in a series of grunts and groans. Could just be an urban myth.

Gary - More power to ya if you care more about winning than how you win. I'm not saying that players/coaches/teams don't look for any kind of an edge they can get (legal or otherwise), but the Pats got caught with their hands in the cookie jar and there ain't nooooo backpedaling from that one. I'm just saying that I Barry Bonds, Phil Jackson and now the Pats all get an unofficial asterisk in the record books.
Hey, Johnny one note, get over it. Nobody will remember it in a few weeks.;) The Pats are still the most talented team with the best coach in football.......eat you heart out.:D

Greg Peterson
09-27-2007, 11:43 AM
You're cherry-picking my posts if you think I'm a Johnny One note. Just look at the post you are quoting me from. I'm picking on two teams!

Regardless your claim of the Pats dominance, last time I checked they still had to play the scheduled games. Anything can happen and anyone can win a given game. That's the poetry of sports.

I've little doubt the Pats are a good team. It's just disappointing to see such a good team have to resort to cheating. Especially against a significantly lesser opponent. Seems pretty natural to wonder what what they may have done in bigger games. I can understand the denial on your part. No one likes an asterisk.

Gary Keedwell
09-27-2007, 12:46 PM
You're cherry-picking my posts if you think I'm a Johnny One note. Just look at the post you are quoting me from. I'm picking on two teams!

Regardless your claim of the Pats dominance, last time I checked they still had to play the scheduled games. Anything can happen and anyone can win a given game. That's the poetry of sports.

I've little doubt the Pats are a good team. It's just disappointing to see such a good team have to resort to cheating. Especially against a significantly lesser opponent. Seems pretty natural to wonder what what they may have done in bigger games. I can understand the denial on your part. No one likes an asterisk.
Johnny one note is your constant use of the word asterick. :mad:

Gary K.

Greg Peterson
09-27-2007, 1:47 PM
As Neil Young sang, "This Notes for You"

Sorry Gary. Obviously a sore spot for you. Just for you I'll expunge any recollection of the Pat's ethical lapses and presume that all of their victory's were achieved honorably and honestly. :D

Gary Keedwell
09-27-2007, 4:16 PM
As Neil Young sang, "This Notes for You"

Sorry Gary. Obviously a sore spot for you. Just for you I'll expunge any recollection of the Pat's ethical lapses and presume that all of their victory's were achieved honorably and honestly. :D
Gee Greg, will you do that for me. Make sure you scheduled enough time to accomplish the task. Last I counted , you had about 8 posts that contained either the word "cheating" or " asterisk" .:rolleyes: :)
http://sitelife.woodmagazine.com/ver1.0/Content/images/store/0/2/809b3466-60eb-4c60-b29b-2d5e8ddc9a92.Medium.gifGary

Greg Peterson
09-27-2007, 7:44 PM
Lol! I didn't know you cared so much to count! Your last post has left a smile on my face and a chuckle in my voice. People are giving me The Look.

Go Packers. Go Pats (except when they are playing the Pack).

Have a great season!

Gary Keedwell
10-01-2007, 9:19 PM
Ahhh Monday Nite Football....Pats leading Bengals 10- zip after 1st quarter.:o
Gary
Well, final score 34- 13. Pats averaging 37 points a game. They probably won't be able to keep the pace...but sure is fun now.

Gary Keedwell
10-07-2007, 1:31 PM
Well, Sunday afternoon.....1st quarter Pats up 10 to 0. ....stay tuned.
News Flash**** Half time Score..... Pats 20 Browns 0
FINAL SCORE Pats 34 Bengals 17 Can't believe we gave up that many points to Cleveland. Oh well, the last time we won our 1st 5 games of the season....we won the Super Bowl.
Gary K.

Tim Morton
10-07-2007, 5:03 PM
Well, Sunday afternoon.....1st quarter Pats up 10 to 0. ....stay tuned.
News Flash**** Half time Score..... Pats 20 Browns 0
FINAL SCORE Pats 34 Bengals 17 Can't believe we gave up that many points to Cleveland. Oh well, the last time we won our 1st 5 games of the season....we won the Super Bowl.
Gary K.

go sox!!!!:D ;) ;)

Gary Keedwell
10-07-2007, 7:31 PM
go sox!!!!:D ;) ;)
I haven't watched baseball since the strike in 1994:( :p
Gary K.

Mark Rios
10-08-2007, 9:56 PM
Is anyone watching the game tonight? Cowboys vs. Bills?

I don't really follow these teams but....What the hell has happened to Tony Romo? Did aliens land in Dallas and swap out the real Tony for a fake one? Just before the two minute warning in the FIRST HALF he throws his 4TH INT?????.....Tony Romo???????.......To the BILLS???????????????

Maybe today is opposite day and the scores will be reversed at the end of the game????????

I'm SO confused........

:confused: :confused: :confused: :D

Mark Rios
10-08-2007, 11:58 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bills try to do a "Raiders" trick to the Cowboys and the fieldgoal kicker makes 2 career length FG's to give the Bills a huge......

IN YOUR FACE!!!!

What a game!

Gary Keedwell
10-09-2007, 9:41 AM
New Enland Patriots VS Dallas Cowboys

Two 5-o teams going head to head this Sunday. Gonna be interesting since both teams struggled, in their own way, this week. Still, I think Pats are destined this year.:rolleyes: :D
Gary

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Well, 5 hours to game time. Gonna do some stuff with LOML this afternoon because of the late Pats game. Red Sox lost last nite...hope that isn't an omen.:eek:
Gary

Go pats!!!!!

Mark Rios
10-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Out here in Ca we don't get to see the Cowboys/Pats game on regular tv. I"m not sure if one could watch it if they had satellite or not.

I don't drink so going to a sports bar, IF one would have the game, is a little unnerving for me. I'm not comfortable hanging around a bunch of drunken, die-hard sports fans. :D

Grrrrrrr.......

Does anyone know how to get the game on the web? P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!!!!

Glenn Clabo
10-14-2007, 12:02 PM
You can listen on these stations...
http://radiotime.com/affiliate/a_37473/station/New_England_Patriots_Radio_Stations.aspx

Mark Rios
10-14-2007, 1:41 PM
You can listen on these stations...
http://radiotime.com/affiliate/a_37473/station/New_England_Patriots_Radio_Stations.aspx

Listening will have to do I guess. :( :( :( Thanks very much Glenn.

Tim Morton
10-14-2007, 4:32 PM
New Enland Patriots VS Dallas Cowboys

Two 5-o teams going head to head this Sunday. Gonna be interesting since both teams struggled, in their own way, this week. Still, I think Pats are destined this year.:rolleyes: :D
Gary
Pats "struggled"....how so? Because they only won by 17 and most of the game they were up by 20?:D

3 and out for the boys, and the pats went down and scored without even working at it :-)

Mark Rios
10-14-2007, 4:40 PM
Ahhhhh crapapoopie......the Raiders/Chargers game isn't even close to worth watching.

This game is going to be a blowout but can the networks put on a GOOD NFL game instead???....NOOOOooooooooo.

Roughly 5 minutes to go in the first quarter, one team is already up by 14, the other team has committed 3 penalties without getting a play off. 3rd and 27 from deep in their own territory.............and they get sacked for an additonel 15 yard loss. Out of these two teams it's not that important to me who wins, but it should at least be a good game. Oh wait.....the Cowboys and the Patriots are playing today.....oh yeah......nevermind. :mad:

Grrrrrrrr........:(

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 5:09 PM
Patriots update....14 --0 Patriots. OH no ! 14- 3 There goes the shut-out!!!!;)
Gary

Mark Rios
10-14-2007, 5:22 PM
INTERCEPTION!!!!

Cows 10....Pats 14

YIKES.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 5:38 PM
Actually a Brady fumble which cowboys ran in for TD. Whew!!!!! Another TD pass from Brady. 21- 10. Boy, it was getting close!!! 6 games in a row Brady has at least 3 TD touchdown passes. :D

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 5:43 PM
Pats "struggled"....how so? Because they only won by 17 and most of the game they were up by 20?:D

3 and out for the boys, and the pats went down and scored without even working at it :-)
The score was deceiving...Pats were out of sync most of the game.

Jim O'Dell
10-14-2007, 6:22 PM
OOPPS! 24-21 Dallas.:eek::D Jim.

Gary, no one was more out of sync than Dallas was last week.

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 6:27 PM
OOPPS! 24-21 Dallas.:eek::D Jim.

Gary, no one was more out of sync than Dallas was last week.
I know...1st time Pats have been behind in the 2nd half this year:eek:

Well, didn't trail for long 28-24 Pats.

Jim O'Dell
10-14-2007, 6:35 PM
Well, they're back up by 4 now! Jim.

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 6:37 PM
Well, they're back up by 4 now! Jim.
The fans are getting their money's worth today. Pats have never won in this stadium:( First time for everything:eek:
Gary

Jim O'Dell
10-14-2007, 7:05 PM
It's definately a good game, or I'd be out in the shop learning my Incra system for dovetails. Just the wrong team on top! :D Jim.

Well, maybe there will be some time for dovetails after all.......

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 7:10 PM
It's definately a good game, of I'd be out in the shop learning my Incra system for dovetails. Just the wrong team on top! :D Jim.

Well, maybe there will be some time for dovetails after all.......
Yesssssss Brady to Stallworth 38-24 ;)
Lucky thing I've been on the wagon for 2 years. I woulda had 12 beers down by now!!!!:eek:
Gary PS. don't go out there yet Jim, plenty of time left...
Well, time to go Jim....one minute left.....Good game, though. 48-27 Sorry ( not) :>)

Mark Rios
10-14-2007, 7:46 PM
Well, the Raiders lost even though they gave it a valiant effort. They're just not good enough yet.

BUT...............

At the end they immediately went to the Dallas/Pats game with 12:21 left in the 4th qtr. WOOOOHOOOOOO.

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 7:54 PM
Well, the Raiders lost even though they gave it a valiant effort. They're just not good enough yet.

BUT...............

At the end they immediately went to the Dallas/Pats game with 12:21 left in the 4th qtr. WOOOOHOOOOOO.
Are you a believer yet????? ...:)
Gary K.

Jim O'Dell
10-14-2007, 8:09 PM
I didn't make it that far. My test dovetails didn't fair much better.:rolleyes::D Jim.

Jon Lanier
10-14-2007, 11:23 PM
GO BUCKEYES!

Gary Keedwell
10-19-2007, 2:46 PM
Well, is everybody ready for the Patriots Game? It will be the 6-0 team against the 0-6 team. Don't let Miami's record fool you. We always have a hard time down there. Seems it is a struggle to leave that place with a win.:)
Gary

Greg Peterson
10-19-2007, 3:34 PM
1. Intra-division games are usually brutal.

2. When a team has a substantial win streak going (6-0 is substantial), the opponent pays extra attention.

3. Every team wants to be the team to unseat an undefeated team. The kind of thing a poor team can hang their hat on. Season highlight.

4. Every team wants to be the team that beats the Pats. I'm going out on a limb Gary, but I'm guessing more teams than not bring their A game to the stadium when the Pats are in town. Winning Superbowls will do that.

5. Miami has to win a game sooner or later.

6. There are no gimee's in sports. On any given Sunday ...

Gary Keedwell
10-19-2007, 4:07 PM
1. Intra-division games are usually brutal.

2. When a team has a substantial win streak going (6-0 is substantial), the opponent pays extra attention.

3. Every team wants to be the team to unseat an undefeated team. The kind of thing a poor team can hang their hat on. Season highlight.

4. Every team wants to be the team that beats the Pats. I'm going out on a limb Gary, but I'm guessing more teams than not bring their A game to the stadium when the Pats are in town. Winning Superbowls will do that.

5. Miami has to win a game sooner or later.

6. There are no gimee's in sports. On any given Sunday ...
Exactly....Easier for the underdog to bring their A game to the stadium. That is where the coaching comes in to the picture. Pat's coaching keeps the players on solid ground. Everybody's focused on the next opponent on the schedule....nn matter who they may be.
Gary

Tim Morton
10-19-2007, 5:46 PM
Well, is everybody ready for the Patriots Game? It will be the 6-0 team against the 0-6 team. Don't let Miami's record fool you. We always have a hard time down there. Seems it is a struggle to leave that place with a win.:)
Gary

I said the same thing after we anialated the cowboys...luckily the pats down't often have a let down week. But still its got me nervous.

go sox!!!

Gary Keedwell
10-21-2007, 8:06 AM
Well here we go again. Patriots day!!! I don't care what Miami's record is...I still worry every time we go down there.:o :)
Gary

Go Pats!!!!!!

Gary Keedwell
10-21-2007, 1:08 PM
Opening drive of the game. Brady drives the Patriots 80 yards for a touchdown. 7-0;) Patriots 2nd possession....Brady drives them for touchdown #2.........14-0. It's like watching a well-oiled machine. 10 minutes left in first half ...28-7 Patriots.
Gary

Gary Keedwell
10-21-2007, 2:08 PM
http://www.free-animations.co.uk/messages/miscellaneous/images/message_125.gifBrady to Moss, again. 35-7. Still first half!!!! If ever there was a case to concede a game and go home before anybody gets hurt, it is now!!!
Gary

Greg Peterson
10-21-2007, 2:29 PM
"If ever there was a case to concede a game and go home before anybody gets hurt, it is now!!!"

Hopefully the Pats don't let down. It's one thing to run up the score late in the game, but until the game is safely out of reach you can't let up on either side of the ball.

G
and enjoying the Packs bye week.

Gary Keedwell
10-21-2007, 2:33 PM
"If ever there was a case to concede a game and go home before anybody gets hurt, it is now!!!"

Hopefully the Pats don't let down. It's one thing to run up the score late in the game, but until the game is safely out of reach you can't let up on either side of the ball.

G
and enjoying the Packs bye week.
42-7 at half-time. Miami's other safety left the game. Scoring at will. I almost feel sorry for miami......I said almost;) :p
Gary

Greg Peterson
10-21-2007, 3:39 PM
49-21.

Can't let 'em think they can get back in. Just ask the Indians about that!:eek:

Tim Morton
10-21-2007, 4:01 PM
go sox!!!!!

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-21-2007, 7:59 PM
Da Pats 'r da Shizz~!!

Mark Rios
10-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Well, the Raiders and the 49'ers suck.

I watch football because I like the game. I like to root for my/local hometown teams, of course, but I really just like to watch good football. I like to watch the Pats; I like to watch the Colts; I like to watch the Cowboys and other good teams that play good football.

There are other teams in the NFL that suck but, unfortunately for us here in N. Cal, the Raiders and the 49'ers just suck. To me, they are the suckiest sucking teams that ever sucked.

In fact, the Raiders and the 49'ers suck SO bad that if they were to play each other I believe that they would create anti-matter and the universe would explode.

Greg Peterson
10-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Mark, I sensing that you might be unhappy with the Bay Area teams. Am I correct?

I agree with you that watching a well oiled NFL team is pretty nice. That goes for most any sport too. While I didn't like the Chicago Bull, they played the game at such a high level that one had a hard time understanding why so many other teams looked so terrible. The Bulls just made it look that easy.

The Pats and Colts make football look so easy, one has to wonder why other teams struggle.

Ah, sports! Ain't it great?

Nancy Laird
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Wait until November 4 when the Patriots and the Colts meet!! Of course, assuming that the Patriots are still unbeaten after meeting the Redskins next week!!!

The Colts did well last night - just dismantled the Jags!!

Nancy (59 days)

mark page
10-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh, the game of the year when two of my favorite teams square off. And I have to work that day:mad:

Nancy Laird
10-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Mark, don't you have "sick days" during the year????

Nancy (59 days)

mark page
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
I wish. New job at the furniture mart and no "pto" for six months.:mad: We have a very good staff and I could probably weasel an exchange of days, but the weekends ARE the $ days to work. Haven't looked at the time schedule but maybe a late game and can catch the second half. May have to take constant breaks and detour down through the electronic section and catch some on the display big screens, lol.

Greg Peterson
10-23-2007, 1:13 PM
Hey Nancy, isn't your countdown a little on the cruel side? I mean, for those of use that have thousands upon thousands of days to go, your countdown is almost cruel and unusual gloating! :D:D:D

Nancy Laird
10-23-2007, 1:23 PM
Hey Nancy, isn't your countdown a little on the cruel side? I mean, for those of use that have thousands upon thousands of days to go, your countdown is almost cruel and unusual gloating! :D:D:D

Sorry, Greg, if you think I'm being cruel. But I'm almost 62 years old:eek: and this countdown is the culmination of nearly 44 years in the 5-day-a-week workforce with an aggregate total of about 9 months off (not counting vacations). To say I'm anxious for the next 59 days to pass would be a gross understatement. :D :D You'll be able to hear the celebration and the YAHOO!!! from Albuquerque to wherever.

But then I have to go back to work after the first of the year at our home business--no rest for the wicked, I guess.:confused:

Nancy (59 days)

Nancy Laird
10-23-2007, 1:25 PM
Haven't looked at the time schedule but maybe a late game and can catch the second half. May have to take constant breaks and detour down through the electronic section and catch some on the display big screens, lol.

The Pats/Colts game is at 4:15 ET. You'll be able to catch the second half, easy!!

Nancy (59 days)

mark page
10-23-2007, 2:22 PM
I get off at 6:00 central, so if I "fly low" on the I-State home, I might be able to catch it. Be about 6:45 central before home. The last half is the important one anyways, right?????

Nancy Laird
10-23-2007, 3:16 PM
The last half is the important one anyways, right?????

Right!! Actually, I think the last 10 seconds are usually the most important--if the score is close.

Nancy (59 days)

Rick Gooden
10-23-2007, 5:54 PM
Mark,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the game starts at 3:15 central time. Long time Colts fan here. We could lose at any time and NE looks incredible right now, but you can never count Peyton out. Might be just as well to lose to NE during the season. It's really hard to beat a quality team twice the same year. Nevertheless here's hoping for an undefeated season.

Tim Morton
10-23-2007, 6:34 PM
Mark,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the game starts at 3:15 central time. Long time Colts fan here. We could lose at any time and NE looks incredible right now, but you can never count Peyton out. Might be just as well to lose to NE during the season. It's really hard to beat a quality team twice the same year. Nevertheless here's hoping for an undefeated season.

I haven't seen the Colts play yet this year...but as a long time Pats fan I can say that this is easily the best pats team I have ever seen...if not the best team ever period. So with that said...lets get it on!!! Only problem will be the week of hype leading up to it...hopefully I can leave the TV off until the kick-off:D :D

go sox!!!

mark page
10-23-2007, 6:56 PM
Well to be down-right honest. The Ben Franklin balance scale of my preference has to go with the Colts. But it's not very darn much. I have followed the Colt's since the East Coast. But I love both teams and I will not curse any team that does not win. Like I said before, this will be the game of the season to watch, sans the Super Bowl. I just hope it will not be a run-a-way game and will be a couch-edge-seater to give the most theatrical phenomenon. Those games are the best!!!!! Both Manning and Brady are great in their fields. What I want to see is another "Miami game effect from the 70"s when Czonka moved a pile of bodies, and couldn't see him" I guess just dreamin there, lol.:D

Gary Keedwell
10-27-2007, 5:17 PM
OK Patriot fans..Week 8 is fast approaching. It will be interesting to see how the Pat receivers do against the so-called "physical" Redskins defenders. It is a 4:14 PM game tomorrow so LOML will have pre-game plans for us.:( Oh well...take advantage of weekend daylight.:)

Go Pats!!!!!!!!

Gary Keedwell
10-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Ahhhhh Four more hours to kick-off.

Gary Keedwell
10-28-2007, 5:03 PM
14-0 Patriots.:) Don't want to sound too cocky, but Redskins haven't impressed me so far. But the tide can change any minute in the NFL.
AWESOME Redskins turnover -Pats field goal 17-0

24-0 Halftime score.
Third Quarter....38-0
Fourth Quarter 52-7 There goes the shut-out
We now have our 3rd string quarterback in there to finish the game
Looks like a 52-7 game.
Bring on the Colts!!!!!

Lee DeRaud
10-28-2007, 7:54 PM
That wasn't a football game, it was a snuff film. :eek:

Greg Peterson
10-28-2007, 8:08 PM
Wasn't much of a game. Took the dog for a nice Autumn walk out on Powell Butte. Beautiful day. When I got home, the score was 38-0. I sat down and took a nap. Pretty nice nap BTW. When I woke I saw the final score and realized that I had indeed spent my time wisely today.

Colts/Pats should be a good one.

Gary Keedwell
10-28-2007, 9:36 PM
Hey guys...you heard it first right here on SMC...Forget the pseudo hype about the colts and Pats game being a barn burner....It will be a yawner because the Pats are for real this year and the colts are going to the wood shed.:rolleyes: Wow, did I say that:confused: :D ;)
Gary

Rick Gooden
10-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Pats may very well win the game next week but the Colts have already won the "Class Act" of the NFL. Should be fun.

Gary Keedwell
10-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Pats may very well win the game next week but the Colts have already won the "Class Act" of the NFL. Should be fun.
I don't know about that Rick. Pat's coaching staff keeps the boys humble and focused. You don't see alot of trashy celebrating or any of that crap. Remember , we have been the champs a few times in the recent past so this isn't new territory.
We'er just worried that we'll run out of fingers to put all the rings:eek: :D
Gary

Rick Gooden
10-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Gary,

No doubt the Pats have been the best team overall for quite some time and my hats off to them. When I talk about the Colts it's admiration for the class they show in every respect, win or lose, all the good they do for the community and the fact that we only hear positive things about the coach and the program. Even though we don't stand a chance next
Sunday I will be watching the game.

Greg Peterson
10-29-2007, 12:22 AM
I've always admired Tony Dungy. He has always had an air of class and dignity about him that is rare to find in any profession, let alone the NFL. It was great to see him win finally a Superbowl.

I am impressed with the Pats discipline and focus. Not an easy task, but they do make it look easy. They are absolutely a great team.

But Tony Dungy is a great man in ways that matter most.

Go Pack Go.

Gary Keedwell
10-29-2007, 3:02 PM
I think this is the best Pats team ever assembled. Seems like we have barely won games in the past when we needed to. Alot of great coaching and smart players have gotten us through the battles, but now we have the talent to go with it.
I don't know if the Pats can keep up this incredible pace (41 points a game average) but it sure is a wonderful ride so far.:)
Gary

Carl Eyman
10-29-2007, 4:02 PM
The Red Sox are awesome; so good as to be beyond description.

Gary Keedwell
10-29-2007, 5:53 PM
The Red Sox are awesome; so good as to be beyond description.
Yea Carl...To be a sports fan and live in the Boston area is really the cat's meow. yea?:p
Gary

Greg Peterson
10-29-2007, 6:24 PM
It's a great time to be a sports fan in Boston. I'm sure it makes up for the long years of suffering. Now if the Celtics could just get it together. I'm going to see the Celtics when they come to town this season. Got my tickets and looking forward to a great game.

Gary Keedwell
10-30-2007, 10:29 AM
It's a great time to be a sports fan in Boston. I'm sure it makes up for the long years of suffering. Now if the Celtics could just get it together. I'm going to see the Celtics when they come to town this season. Got my tickets and looking forward to a great game.
Brings back memories Greg. Used to be the only real excitement we had around here was the old dependable Celts. Man, I miss the days of Larry Bird, Robert Parrish and Kevin Mc Hale (Frankenstein, LOL):eek: :D
Gary

David Weaver
10-30-2007, 10:47 AM
I'll cheer the Pats because of Brady. Someday, we hope to have a pro team here in Detroit.

Larry

Kyle Brady? Heh :D

Gary Keedwell
10-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Kyle Brady? Heh :D
Brady to Brady...TOUCHDOWN!!!:p
Gary

Greg Peterson
10-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Got to see Larry play his last bit of basketball when the Dream Team played out here in Portland in the qualifying rounds for the Olympics. Had a package deal for seats so I saw the original Dream Team play a few times in that tournament. Can't say that I pity the Celtics these days (Danny Ainge just annoys me even though he is a local boy), but I do like the effort KG brings to the game.

Here's a question for you Pat's Colts fans, would the Packers be any better of a team with Brady or Manning as the QB? Would the Pat's or Colts be any less dominating with Favre at QB?

As good as Brady and Manning are, and they are excellent, I'll take Favre any day of the week. The way he plays the game is so unique and unlike any other QB in the game today. He's made it easy to be a Packers fan, even when they didn't have good teams. With #4, your team always has a chance to win.

Anchor Sarslow
10-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Raaaaassssberrrrrieees... ~~~~~~~~~~

Gary Keedwell
10-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Raaaaassssberrrrrieees... ~~~~~~~~~~
Or Sour Graaaaaaaapppppeeessssss????????????? (grapes):D
Gary

Greg Peterson
10-30-2007, 2:26 PM
Definitely sour grapes. Being last in the division (Ouch!) will do that to a fella. ;)

Gary Keedwell
10-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Definitely sour grapes. Being last in the division (Ouch!) will do that to a fella. ;)
Been there... done that. I remember cheering the hapless Pats back in the 70's. You really had to find different things to cheer about. The defense improving, trying a new quarterback etc. The thing is that we set the bar real low and cheered anyways. Remember all my brothers and me going to our father's house and the monday mornin blues.
We also have had a couple of lousy owners, too. Thank goodness the Kraft's bought our Pats. They have been 1st class all the way!!! What is that expression about the fish smelling from the head on down? LOL:o
Gary

Greg Peterson
10-31-2007, 3:53 PM
Paul Allen thought he could buy an NBA championship, so the Blazers GM started stocking up on former all-stars and persons of low moral character. They didn't win anything and the fans all but abandoned the franchise, not because they were underachievers but because they were constantly in the local news for non-sports related problems. We got tired of the thugs and bad boy behavior real quick, and the franchised paid a heavy price for it.

Now, we have a very young roster without a single bad apple in the lot of 'em. I can cheer for a team that tries hard and loses, but I won't root for a team I'm ashamed of. Paul Allen finally figured out that Portland, while a slightly different town, is full of people that want their team to have players of the highest moral character. What you get on the court you get off the court, and visa-versa.

Gary Keedwell
10-31-2007, 5:37 PM
The Pats put a big emphasis on character and intelligence when we draft. Funny though. We can pick up a guy that the press calls a bad apple and he doesn't ruin our locker room atmosphere. Alot of teams can't absorb any at all. You get out of line in our locker room...we have alot of guys who will straighten you out.;) :D
Gary

Greg Peterson
10-31-2007, 5:40 PM
I am surprised at the way Moss has behaved thus far. I wonder if TO would be able to fit in with the Pats?

Gary Keedwell
10-31-2007, 5:57 PM
I am surprised at the way Moss has behaved thus far. I wonder if TO would be able to fit in with the Pats?

Alot of people are surprised about Moss except the insiders. There are just too many smart enforcers on that team. Alot of guys wearing Super Bowl rings and they know how to get another. The team stays focused and distraction are NOT encouraged.;)

Dave Redlin
11-02-2007, 4:23 PM
http://www.mycolts.net/2/Thumb2/9140.profileimage (http://www.mycolts.net/Yort1900?location=subsection)

Jeff Bower
11-02-2007, 4:35 PM
http://www.mycolts.net/2/Thumb2/9140.profileimage (http://www.mycolts.net/Yort1900?location=subsection)

Very Subtle :p

Gary Keedwell
11-02-2007, 5:02 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats

Subtle enough?

Tom Henry
11-02-2007, 5:06 PM
Pat's are going down this weekend!!!

Gary Keedwell
11-02-2007, 5:16 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats

Subtle enough?
Ya, They're going down Indianapolis to kick butt!!!!!!:D ;)

Greg Peterson
11-02-2007, 7:56 PM
Go Packers!!!!!!

Gary Keedwell
11-03-2007, 5:15 PM

Well, In 24 hours we should have some answers, or should I say 25 hours since we have an extra hour this week-end?:rolleyes:

Gary Keedwell
11-04-2007, 3:01 PM
Here we go. One hour to game time. The word is out that the League is praying for a close game. They are worried that if the Patriots whomp the Colts that the playoffs might lose some glitter. I don't care....I think the Pats have something to prove and are going to run up the score.:)
Gary
7-3 Pats. Real tight game so far.

Nancy Laird
11-04-2007, 5:32 PM

Yeah!!

Looks like Colts 13-7 at the half - nice 70-yard TD pass by Peyton (EDIT: Excuse me - that was a 73-yard pass play) - after an even nicer interception on the 1-yard line of a Brady bomb.

Nancy

Gary Keedwell
11-04-2007, 6:18 PM
13-10 Whew!!! I'm not used to this....reminds me of last year:(

Tom Henry
11-04-2007, 6:37 PM
Touchdown...20-10

Gary Keedwell
11-04-2007, 6:52 PM
Touchdown!!!!!!![qote=Gary Keedwell;687193]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats
13-10 Whew!!! I'm not used to this....reminds me of last year:( [/quote]

Ken Fitzgerald
11-04-2007, 6:54 PM
It ain't over ....'til it's over!

Gary Keedwell
11-04-2007, 7:04 PM
Touchdown

24-20 Patriots

Gary Keedwell
11-04-2007, 7:12 PM
24-20 Manning loses the ball!!!!!
Two minute warning.

Gary Keedwell
11-04-2007, 7:19 PM
Final 24-20

lou vendrame
11-04-2007, 7:25 PM
Why do americans hate each other so much?

Jason Roehl
11-04-2007, 7:26 PM

Uhhh...what?

Tim Morton
11-04-2007, 7:27 PM
TOOK A LITTLE MORE WORK THAN USUAL, BUT THEY WON:D

Of course they might have had an easier time of it had they not been playing against the colts AND the referee's!!!!:eek: :eek:

go pats~~~~~

Glenn Clabo
11-04-2007, 7:28 PM
Is now my friend...is now.:cool:

Kevin French
11-04-2007, 7:32 PM
They even spotted them a record number of pently yards, not all of them should have be counted.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-04-2007, 7:40 PM
MIght have been tougher if the best Colt receivers weren't disabled and unable to play too!:p

Tom Henry
11-04-2007, 7:43 PM
Indy won with the spread...W...in my pool!:D

Gary Keedwell
11-04-2007, 7:52 PM
TOOK A LITTLE MORE WORK THAN USUAL, BUT THEY WON:D

Of course they might have had an easier time of it had they not been playing against the colts AND the referee's!!!!:eek: :eek:

go pats~~~~~
What a nerve wracking game. Your right Tim . All the replays showed the refs wrong. We have a BYE next week. :)

GO PATS!!!!!!!!

Gary Keedwell
11-04-2007, 7:56 PM
Is now my friend...is now.:cool:??????

?????????? There's one or two at every party:rolleyes: ;)

Bill Ragland
11-04-2007, 8:00 PM
What a nerve wracking game. Your right Tim . All the replays showed the refs wrong. We have a BYE next week. :)

GO PATS!!!!!!!!

Great game. As usual the best team wins the game. And so far no reports of cheating, even more priceless.

Tim Morton
11-04-2007, 8:48 PM

GO PATS!!!!!!!!

Between the two pass interference penalties that "weren't" AND the catch that TWO refs were within 10 feet and they both called it a catch and it was clear he was out of bounds...it was obvious who the refs were rooting for:eek:

8 more weeks of tune ups and we can do it all over again...this time hopefully in Frozen Foxboro:D

Glenn Clabo
11-04-2007, 9:09 PM
Yah...Yah...Yah...always an excuse.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-04-2007, 9:52 PM
Hey Clabo....stop the harrassment or I'll sell both of my shares in "Bonkers-R-Us" and your shares won't be worth the price of a match to burn them!

Glenn Clabo
11-05-2007, 5:47 AM
Hey Clabo....stop the harrassment or I'll sell both of my shares in "Bonkers-R-Us" and your shares won't be worth the price of a match to burn them!

So you think they are worth the price of a match now? Besides...how did you get TWO shares? I believe my bizniss partner has been paying off the board of directors.

Kevin French
11-05-2007, 1:38 PM
Yah...Yah...Yah...always an excuse.

Glenn it's only an 'excuse' if you lose:D :D

Gary Keedwell
11-05-2007, 2:17 PM
Glenn it's only an 'excuse' if you lose:D :D
And we don't plan on doing that this year:eek: :D :cool:
Gary

James Carmichael
11-05-2007, 2:17 PM
[QUOTE=Tim Morton;687242]Of course they might have had an easier time of it had they not been playing against the colts AND the referee's!!!!:eek: :eek:

Oh whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! It's just so hard for Randy Moss to get open when those mean ol' zebras won't let him push off.:D

You do have to like em to to go 16-0. Indy showed the way to beat em, get to Brady early and often with just the front four. Too bad they couldn't hold on.

Gary Keedwell
11-05-2007, 2:30 PM
[quote=Tim Morton;687242]Of course they might have had an easier time of it had they not been playing against the colts AND the referee's!!!!:eek: :eek:

Oh whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! It's just so hard for Randy Moss to get open when those mean ol' zebras won't let him push off.:D

You do have to like em to to go 16-0. Indy showed the way to beat em, get to Brady early and often with just the front four. Too bad they couldn't hold on.
Replay after replay showed Mr. Moss's innocence. How about the ref showing the Colts catch was in play and it got over-turned after seeing the tape. Gonna take more then crooked refs to beat the Pats!!!

Glenn Clabo
11-05-2007, 3:20 PM
Ya Kevin...we don't need no stinkin excuses!
(Did you hear that the NFL is investigating the Colts? They think they may have been piping in stadium noise...)

Gary Keedwell
11-05-2007, 3:21 PM
Colts Cheated
The big news is that the Colts were using their PA system to pipe out fake crowd noise so Pats couldn't here Brady's calls. That together with obvious referee bias, it is practically a miracle that New England pulled off a win.
Further developments should include a $500,000 fine and next years draft choice to be forfeited. Stay tuned for further developments......

Kevin French
11-05-2007, 3:48 PM
Glenn and Gary

IT DON'T MATTER "WE WON". NEXT MEETING, IF THERE IS ONE, WILL BE IN NE.

Brian Weick
11-05-2007, 3:56 PM
Gary,
Step aside from the jubilation- your time may be coming- the Bills are playing New England , November 18th- and they are getting there act together-, rather quickly ~ Lossman's back ~ throwing like crazy----Long, and in rare form ~ I might add, just be prepared to get your hanky ready to dry those tears of sadness and despair~:p you never know Gar ~ stranger things have happened- I'm not saying there going to win- the Bills that is, but you never know?
Have a great day Gary! :)
Brian

Gary Keedwell
11-05-2007, 4:04 PM
Brian,
I wish your team the best of luck. Seriously, I do. Yesterday's game reminded me of the nail-biting Pats we have been familiar with the last few years. I just hope the Bills use their PA system properly;)
Gary

Brian Weick
11-05-2007, 4:09 PM
Brian,
I wish your team the best of luck. Seriously, I do. Yesterday's game reminded me of the nail-biting Pats we have been familiar with the last few years. I just hope the Bills use their PA system properly;)
Gary

Gary,
We don't stoop to tactics like that gar- that's lame- I would rather have my team win fair and square ~ cheating is for morally deficient individuals. I like the pats- it's Dallas I can not stomach- that whole team thinks there god like- especially- TO- what a (**&&&)(*&^(*&! LOL Philly fell apart- I felt bad for them, there is nothing more that I like to see is Jerry Jones -pissed off~yea baby!
Have a great week Gar:)

Gary Keedwell
11-05-2007, 4:25 PM
Gary,
We don't stoop to tactics like that gar- that's lame- I would rather have my team win fair and square ~ cheating is for morally deficient individuals. I like the pats- it's Dallas I can not stomach- that whole team thinks there god like- especially- TO- what a (**&&&)(*&^(*&! LOL Philly fell apart- I felt bad for them, there is nothing more that I like to see is Jerry Jones -pissed off~yea baby!
Have a great week Gar:)
Brian.....I used to cheer for the Bills when you had Bledsoe. LOL (don;t tell my brothers lol) I never liked the Plowboys either. America's team...phewy...never bought that baloney... Have a good week too, Bri:)
Gary

Chris Padilla
11-05-2007, 4:57 PM
Being a Colorado sports fan hasn't been easy lately. Go Nuggets and Avalanche, great ride for the Rockies (I flew home with Game 5 tickets in hand...sigh....), Broncos, uh...yeah...maybe next year.... :(

Glenn Clabo
11-05-2007, 5:15 PM
Hey Chris...I was born a Red Sox fan...but Jeff Baker of the Rockies was the last kid that I coached that went to the majors. He didn't have a good year...but he came off of the bench and did well on occasion. I wanted to see him do well during his time at bat...but it worked out fine. He crushed a ball that Lugo had to to a MJ on...

Kevin French
11-05-2007, 5:21 PM
)
I would rather have my team win fair and square ~ cheating is for morally deficient individuals. I like the pats- it's Dallas I can not stomach- Have a great week Gar:)

I believe that would be 'cheating' past tense. I have to disagree with you on the Pats, What other team takes R Moss and makes him a TEAM player?

I have to agree with you on Dallas They have been bad news for far too long.

Tim Morton
11-05-2007, 6:21 PM
[QUOTE=Tim Morton;687242]Of course they might have had an easier time of it had they not been playing against the colts AND the referee's!!!!:eek: :eek:

Thats valid ...IF he was pushing off....which he wasn't, AND if the calls were all against him...they WEREN"T. The secret to beating the Pats is to be better at adjusting on the fly.....which at this point noone seems to be able to do. I will admit the colts looked better until they got into the redzone and then couldn't finish the drives. And by the end of the game the colts were spent and the pats where just getting into gear...another 2 quarters and it would have been a blow out:D

James Carmichael
11-05-2007, 7:16 PM
[quote=James Carmichael;687724]
Replay after replay showed Mr. Moss's innocence. How about the ref showing the Colts catch was in play and it got over-turned after seeing the tape. Gonna take more then crooked refs to beat the Pats!!!

You mean he got called? SWEET! I didn't see it.

After looking at the first 8 weeks of film, the refs probably figured if he was open, he pushed off.

Gary Keedwell
11-05-2007, 7:17 PM
:D Getting penalized like the Pats did is very demoralizing. It is to their credit that they ignored it and drove on to victory.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats:rolleyes:

Brian Weick
11-06-2007, 9:56 AM
Gary,
Apparently someone in the front office thought this game was worthy of a "Sunday night football" presentation. Went from 1pm to 8 pm start. Your guys get a chance to rest this week and thats a +/- in it's own way. Sometimes when you get a streak like this , the players don't like to stop and i can totally understand that, and the other side to that is they get a chance to rest and take a break, get some injured players back (if there are any) and work on some improvements with the team plays. Hopefully this won't "mess up" the linkage the Pats had Gary- well see.
Anyways- it's an evening game! yeeee haaaa! :D
Brian

Gary Keedwell
11-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Brian..are you sure it is an evening game? Did they change it? I have the schedule right in front of me and it says a 1PM starting time.:confused:
Gary

Go Pats!!!!!!

Brian Weick
11-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Gar, I know what the schedule says, but last night on the local news "the game has been moved from 1:00pm to Sunday night football - 8:00, or 8:30 start, not sure. It's part of that Flex schedule they have now- they can rearrange games on Sundays - apparently this one is worthy of the Sunday night crew and attention.
Check it out gar,:rolleyes:
Brian:)

Gary Keedwell
11-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Your absolutely right about the new Flex schedule Brian....I just haven't been watching TV news lately.;) I'm not crazy about Sunday nite football. It is the only nite LOML and I regularly watch TV programs together. Seems the only nite with decent shows.
Gary

Brian Weick
11-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Your absolutely right about the new Flex schedule Brian....I just haven't been watching TV news lately.;) I'm not crazy about Sunday nite football. It is the only nite LOML and I regularly watch TV programs together. Seems the only nite with decent shows.
Gary

Gar,
I wouldn't put anything up here unless it was fact, although I do make mistakes- were all human :eek: Well, it looks like you have some,,,hmmmm "negotiating" to do with your significant other about who is in charge of the remote Sunday evening --LOL
Brian:)

Gary Keedwell
11-06-2007, 11:10 AM
LOL She is flexible. We'll probably DVR the shows and watch them some other day. DVR What a great invention!!! It is going to be a long "bye" week. Since I gave up baseball 13 years ago, (94' strike) football means even more to me today.:D
Gary

Brian Weick
11-06-2007, 11:32 AM
on the waiting thing - well - it will be an exciting game , none the less- whoever wins. I hope your Pats do well Gar, Selfishly, I hope we do well. ~ just want a decent game.
Have a great day Gar! :) -
I'm sure this thread is going to get rather large in 2 weeks-LOL
Brian

Gary Keedwell
11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Brian....hope your team does well, too. About the length of this thread....I had no idea, when I first posted back in September, that it would go on this long. It has been a good thread. Maybe it will carry over to the Super Bowl.
Take care Bri....
Gary

Kevin French
11-06-2007, 1:47 PM
http://www.patriots.com/schedule/

schedule has it at 8:15

Gary Keedwell
11-06-2007, 1:53 PM
http://www.patriots.com/schedule/

schedule has it at 8:15
Thanks for the link, Kevin. The schedule I have in front of me was printed at the start of the season. I write the scores on it after every game for reference. It is starting to get a little beat-up...think I'll print a newer version........LOL:D
Thanks,
Gary

Chris Padilla
11-06-2007, 6:10 PM
Hey Chris...I was born a Red Sox fan...but Jeff Baker of the Rockies was the last kid that I coached that went to the majors. He didn't have a good year...but he came off of the bench and did well on occasion. I wanted to see him do well during his time at bat...but it worked out fine. He crushed a ball that Lugo had to to a MJ on...

Wow, you know Jeff Baker...how cool! He did PH quite well...I hope he is back with the Rockies next season. I'm anxious to see how much of the WS team is around for 2008. I think most will be back. I see Schilling signed a new deal with the Red Sox.

As to the Patriots this season, about all I can say is that Denver has owned the Patriots whenever we've played them...in the past. I'm sure they'd mop the floor with Denver this season.

It must be great to be a Boston/NE fan this time of year...Denver's enjoyed that one or twice in the past (Broncos and Avalanche). Perhaps the Nuggets and Avalanche can join the Rockies this season and go deep into the post-season...because the Bronocs sure ain't doing it! :(

Ken Fitzgerald
11-06-2007, 6:26 PM
Glenn and Gary

IT DON'T MATTER "WE WON". NEXT MEETING, IF THERE IS ONE, WILL BE IN NE.

It'll be so much more embarrassing for the Pats when the Colts beat them at home and once again the Pats don't make the FINAL game of the season!

Kevin French
11-06-2007, 6:30 PM
It must be great to be a Boston/NE fan this time of year...Denver's enjoyed that one or twice in the past (Broncos and Avalanche). Perhaps the Nuggets and Avalanche can join the Rockies this season and go deep into the post-season...because the Bronocs sure ain't doing it! :(

Yes Chris it is nice to see ALL the NE teams winning. It's little early for the Bruins and he Celtics to join in I hear the Revs are playing in the semies and on their way to the finals. As you can see I don't follow MLS.

Here's hoping your Nuggets and Avs a good show'n but 'Limited' success against NE teams.

Kevin French
11-06-2007, 6:32 PM
It'll be so much more embarrassing for the Pats when the Colts beat them at home and once again the Pats don't make the FINAL game of the season!

Yes it would, "IF" it happened.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-06-2007, 7:23 PM
Yes it would, "IF" it happened.

What happened last year Kevin?

History has been known to repeat itself.........

:rolleyes: :D

Kevin French
11-06-2007, 7:27 PM
We're on a mission this year.

Gary Keedwell
11-06-2007, 9:20 PM
What happened last year Kevin?

History has been known to repeat itself.........

:rolleyes: :D
Who is that weirdo from Idaho and what is he doing on this thread???;)
Idaho, what the heck is an Idaho? Is that in Canada?:p
Go Pats!!!!!!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-06-2007, 9:23 PM
Who is that weirdo from Idaho and what is he doing on this thread???;)
Idaho, what the heck is an Idaho? Is that in Canada?:p
Go Pats!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Gary was home schooled or attended a public school?:rolleyes:

Yes Gary there really is a state called Idaho!

Gary Keedwell
11-06-2007, 9:45 PM
I wonder if Gary was home schooled or attended a public school?:rolleyes:

Yes Gary there really is a state called Idaho!
Yup....government school...can't ya tell?:p '
GK

Nancy Laird
11-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Gary believes that one needs a passport to come to New Mexico, too.:D

Nancy (45 days)

Gary Keedwell
11-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Gary believes that one needs a passport to come to New Mexico, too.:D

Nancy (45 days)
Come on Nancy..that's a no-brainer:) I just got my first passport a few weeks ago so I'll be able to visit you.;)
Gary

Kevin French
11-07-2007, 1:55 PM
Gary don't let Ken and Nancy bother you. Everyone has got to be something, thier Jealous.

Jealous their state doesn't have a pro teams as great as the Pats and the Sawx.:D :D :D

Nancy Laird
11-07-2007, 3:31 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

It wouldn't help if NM had a pro team - I'm a REDSKINS fan!!!

Nancy (44 days)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2007, 3:34 PM
Gary don't let Ken and Nancy bother you. Everyone has got to be something, thier Jealous.

Jealous their state doesn't have a pro teams as great as the Pats and the Sawx.:D :D :D

Excuse me MR. French...........And what famous pro team exists in NH?

NH.....is that short for Not Here?:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Nancy Laird
11-07-2007, 3:35 PM
GOOD ONE, Ken!!!!!!!!

N.

Kevin French
11-07-2007, 3:38 PM
Ken WE have the NEW England Patriots!!!!

Gary Keedwell
11-07-2007, 3:38 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

It wouldn't help if NM had a pro team - I'm a REDSKINS fan!!!

Nancy (44 days)
Nancy....You have to live in one of our 49 states to have a Pro team;)
Gary

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2007, 3:40 PM
I can see why Not Here would have to exist in a "Wee" situation!

Kevin French
11-07-2007, 3:50 PM
GOOD ONE, Ken!!!!!!!!

N.

I remember the Redskin: 52-7

Glenn Clabo
11-07-2007, 3:56 PM
Bully...just because your state is bigger than "New England"...you think you can push us around? Besides...the mascot for little Rhody is Mr. PotatoHead...so there:p :p :p

Kevin French
11-07-2007, 4:09 PM
Bully...just because your state is bigger than "New England"...you think you can push us around? Besides...the mascot for little Rhody is Mr. PotatoHead...so there:p :p :p

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Glen I think I missed something there. NH is about the 4th or 5th SMALLEST states.

Up here in Cains corner we're tired of be pushed around in the Pros. This New Millenia we're looking to bring back the Glory.

Nancy Laird
11-07-2007, 4:37 PM
Nancy....You have to live in one of our 49 states to have a Pro team;)
Gary

Gary, keep it up. I'll send you some green chile that will make your tongue fall out (among other things!!) ;) :D :D Don't pick on us -we're mean.

I remember the Redskin: 52-7

I don't want to remember, Kevin. I had hopes that the 'skins would do something better than that--'twas not to be. :(

Nancy (44 days)

Gary Keedwell
11-08-2007, 10:57 AM
AHHhhhhgggg...A bye week. This is the longest two weeks of the year. LOML is smiling......well that's one consolation...when she is happy...I'm happy:D :D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Ken WE have the NEW England Patriots!!!!

I can see why Not Here would have to exist in a "Wee" situation!

Yup Kevin...You missed my come back to your statement.

And Glenn......I can see why little Rhody has a kids toy for a mascot!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Glenn Clabo
11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
What I was trying to say is...Idaho (Kens state) is bigger than ALL the states of New England combined.

Nancy Laird
11-08-2007, 12:26 PM
What I was trying to say is...Idaho (Kens state) is bigger than ALL the states of New England combined.

And I think that New Mexico could absorb Idaho AND all of New England with some space left over.

Someone told me once that if NM was flattened out, the area would be larger than Texas!! I can only wish!!!

Nancy (43 days)

Glenn Clabo
11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Ya Nancy...I know. My Mom and Dad took my 2 sisters out there to Los Alamos to live after I went into the Navy...in the early 70's. Everytime we visited my Dad used to tell me...as we drive for days to go shopping (at least it seemed like days) .... "this state is bigger than New England and half of New York state...with less than a 1/6th of the people that the the Boston area has."

Ken Fitzgerald
11-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Glenn..

I saw Nancy's post but how much credibility can you give to someone who lives in the same state as Roswell?:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Gary Keedwell
11-08-2007, 1:15 PM
Glenn..

I saw Nancy's post but how much credibility can you give to someone who lives in the same state as Roswell?:eek: :rolleyes: :D
:D :D I can just see Nancy wearing her aluminum foil hat.....hey Nance...that could be part of your Halloween costume:eek: :p
Gary

Nancy Laird
11-08-2007, 1:32 PM
Glenn..

:D :D I can just see Nancy wearing her aluminum foil hat.....hey Nance...that could be part of your Halloween costume:eek: :p
Gary

Ok, you two...I'm keeping score here -- and it isn't a good one. Never underestimate the power of an alien!!

http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons04210.gifhttp://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons04210.gifhttp://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons04210.gif

Nancy (43 days)

Kevin French
11-08-2007, 7:27 PM
Coach Shula will no long call for an asterisk "IF" the Pats run the table.

Do you think the current coach of the "Phins" had something to do with him taking back his words, not want to lose by 70 points next time they met- IN FOXBORO.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-11-08-1986029676_x.htm

Ken Fitzgerald
11-08-2007, 7:35 PM
Gary

It's probably part of her every day attire!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Roswell...and all......ya' know....

Gary Keedwell
11-08-2007, 9:35 PM
It's probably part of her every day attire!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Roswell...and all......ya' know....http://www.free-animations.co.uk/messages/cool/images/cool_5.gif
That place sounds like fun...I can't wait to vacation there.:p
Gary

Gary Keedwell
11-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Ho Hum No Patriots game today:mad: :mad: :mad:

Gary

Nancy Laird
11-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Gary, it's time to spiff yourself up, take your best girl out for lunch, an afternoon matinee, a walk in the park, dinner, and ROMANCE. You'll be earning points for the rest of the season---believe me!!!

Nancy (40 days)

Gary Keedwell
11-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Well, I guess the Colts couldn't recover from the beating that the Patriots gave them. 23-21 SD. Gee, I switched channels because I figured that the Colts were going to kick field goal and win. Oh well, lets hope their not on a slippery slope because we need a little competition.;)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-12-2007, 12:45 AM
I heard loud obnoxious statements last year.....'til the end of the season.......Let's see....who beat whom and won the Super Bowl?.......

Gary Keedwell
11-12-2007, 1:00 AM
Last year's slate is wiped clean....this is a whole new year and different team. Granted...it is the same team..just tweaked a little;)
But I do know that it only takes one bad game to ruin a season. You don't get all those second chances that baseball gets all the time.:o :)
Gary

Kevin French
11-12-2007, 7:52 AM
I heard loud obnoxious statements last year.....'til the end of the season.......Let's see....who beat whom and won the Super Bowl?.......

Let's see if they can "PONY" up this year.:D :D :D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Last year's slate is wiped clean....this is a whole new year and different team. Granted...it is the same team..just tweaked a little;)
But I do know that it only takes one bad game to ruin a season. You don't get all those second chances that baseball gets all the time.:o :)
Gary

Let's see if they can "PONY" up this year.:D :D :D

First, the Colts are the current Super Bowl Winners and will remain so until the next Super Bowl is won by whomever.

2nd, they lost 2 games back to back last year and then ....let's see didn't they win the Super Bowl?:rolleyes:

3rd, the Colts are experiencing a huge number of injuries this year and hopefully some of those will recover down the stretch.

I'm not really a Colts fan per se......I just like watching the 2 Manning boys play, the Cowboys and Boy I hate to admit this in this thread, the Pats play because of the quarterbacks involved.

Truthfully, I'd much rather watch a college football game than a pro game. Emotions in the college game can cause a stupendous change in momentum in a flash.

Nancy Laird
11-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm not really a Colts fan per se......I just like watching the 2 Manning boys play, the Cowboys ....

Ken, Ken, Ken----

And I really thought you had better taste than to watch the Cowboys---:confused: :confused: :(

Although I do have to admit that since Jimmy Johnson, TO, and all the rest of the "bad boys" left Dallas, they've become a little easier to tolerate--but I still don't like 'em!!

Go COLTS!!!

Nancy (39 days)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Uh....Nancy....it's time to get your glasses prescription changed....TO did pretty well for the Cowboys Sunday. It is an old habit of mine to watch the Cowboys. I didn't care for the way they handled Tom Landry when Jones bought the team and for several years I didn't watch them out of retribution.

Dick Latshaw
11-12-2007, 1:47 PM
I didn't care for the way they handled Tom Landry when Jones bought the team and for several years I didn't watch them out of retribution.

You too, huh?

Gary Keedwell
11-16-2007, 5:39 PM
Boy, what a long two weeks. Now that the bye is over the Pats won't get a day off until after their Super Bowl Win.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats Gary

Gary Keedwell
11-17-2007, 8:15 PM
Well, here it is ...24 hours to game time....:p:D

I have a little dilemma here. I only have 24 hours and I can't decide on what Super Bowl Champion T shirt to wear.:o I kinda like my blue Super Bowl Champion XXXV t shirt but I think I think I'll wear my gray Super Bowl Champion XXXVIII t shirt. Now wait a minute. We play at the Bills tomorrow so I'll need my Super Bowl away shirt. Now, I forget, is the away shirt blue or gray? Oh what the heck....I'll just wear my white Super Bowl sweat shirt.

Now for for my cap..........:D

Brian Weick
11-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Well,
now that my temporary 2700 sq foot freezer box is now heated I can enjoy the 7:00pm Sunday night football game tonight. I know that Mr. Keedwel will have all of his 'appropriate attire either ,on him ,or around him to support his team:rolleyes:, I'm starting to think , maybe, just maybe the reason everyone has lost to the Pat's is because of Mr. Keedwel's secret weapon.
See, I think Gary has more than t-shirts,sweatshirts,cap's and other accessories of his favorite team around him , I believe there is other team "paraphernalia" at his humble abode-, ready for him to grab at his will something resembling GI-Joe dolls,accept I think because of Mr. Keedwel's talents he has been able to reshape them to look just like all the other team QB's and some running backs possibly. I believe the practice is called voo-doo , call me Sally but- I think he has his comfortable chair to sit in , and he is all decked out in his Pat's gear and wright on the arm chair is a knitting cushion with several different style needles sticking in it, next to that is the butter dish ,ready to create a slippery surface on any number of receiver dolls, or maybe the QB of the week (the opponent). Todays doll is going to be JP Lossman, and I am sure he has the back up, Trent Edwards ,just in case he inflicts to much damage to the JP doll - and some receivers possibly, maybe Lee Evans.
Well after shoving several needles in the JP doll, location, again that is up to Gary's discretion, for sure Mr. lossman may have to leave the game. Know I am not a believer in this ancient practice, but it all hit me last night as I was freezing my %& off- "there must be some powerful force that is going on here for them to win all there games" and it smells like a Keedwel intervention in some way- if this is true. Once the application of butter is applied to the hands of a QB doll- it's all over, providing he believes enough in what he's doing, otherwise, all his efforts are in vain, but I am sure there are some glitches to his methods- thank god, I mean what chance does every other team have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
That's OK ,I downloaded some pictures of Mr. Brady last night and kept myself busy, after all , it was pretty cold here in my house since I had no gas ,so I think he's all finished i just have some facial work to do on him and he should be ready for game time. he's sitting in my football chair write now- smiling,-"NOT FOR LONG"! I am not using butter on Mr Brady, and I am a decent human being, forget the needles,,,,,, now where did that silicone go?????:D
Enjoy the Mr. K :)
Brian

Gary Keedwell
11-18-2007, 11:06 AM
LOL Brian, Brian, brian Your living in the far too past. Here is a picture LOML took of me while I was watching the 38-7 Bills lost on September 23rd. Notice the newer technology.

http://www.free-animations.co.uk/people/wizards/images/wizard_6.gif :) Gary

Brian Weick
11-18-2007, 11:15 AM
LOL Brian, Brian, brian Your living in the far too past. Here is a picture LOML took of me while I was watching the 38-7 Bills lost on September 23rd. Notice the newer technology.

http://www.free-animations.co.uk/people/wizards/images/wizard_6.gif :) Gary

See,
there is the dark side of the force at work here-LOL, this thread is great Gar,I'll be injecting my opinions after tonight, or maybe during- I have to get back to Mr. Brady, he's not finished! - got to go~:D
Brian

Gary Keedwell
11-18-2007, 7:33 PM
Wake Up from your Sunday nap.

It's almost time to smoke some Buffalo!!!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gifGo Pats

Ken Fitzgerald
11-18-2007, 7:47 PM
Oh....are the Patsies going to play?:eek::rolleyes::D

I noticed the Seasquabs are beating Chicago.....

Henry Cavanaugh
11-18-2007, 8:04 PM
For any pats fan click on the below link and then click the red car on the right. For 30k it can be yours and thats the paint job not including the car.
http://www.ottomaniello.com/members/jdallcustoms/

Gary Keedwell
11-18-2007, 8:07 PM
Oh....are the Patsies going to play?:eek::rolleyes::D

I noticed the Seasquabs are beating Chicago.....
I see the Steelers got beat today. Everybody said they would be the ones to stop the Patriots America's Team from being undefeated:rolleyes::D

Gary Keedwell
11-18-2007, 8:42 PM
Game Time
7-0 Patriots......Pats are blitzing like mad
14-0 Brady to Randy Moss
21-7 Pats......no shut out tonite
35-7 Pats.......Halftime....4 touchdown catches for Moss. Team America
56-10 Almost 1 more quarter to go.

Kevin French
11-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Another CLASSIC case for the 'Pats' "PIL'N IT ON":D:D:D:D

Gary Keedwell
11-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Another CLASSIC case for the 'Pats' "PIL'N IT ON":D:D:D:D
Just like everybody was PIL'N it on during "spy-gate":D:D:D

What do they say about PAYBACK?:rolleyes::D

Brian Weick
11-21-2007, 12:21 PM
the Barnum & Baily circus employees and Curly Larry and Moe for assistant coaches and lets not forget Mr. calm and cool Mr. Rogers at the podium with no sense of frustration on his face "Well, considering all in all, I saw some good things out there-----what?:eek: did you mean the paint lines!
an utterly disgusted Bills fan- i am so ashamed
Brian

Gary Keedwell
11-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Brian,

Come on now, it will get better. I'm reading a book called The Blueprint. And it starts from the early years of the Patriot's history. Man, there was alot of dark times in our past. Did you know that when the Patriots built the old stadium in Foxboro and moved away from Boston, that they changed their name from the Boston Patriots to the Bay State Patriots? Well, the name only lasted 2 weeks when someone figured out that the newspaper headlines would have read: BS Patriots. LOL True story...so they changed it again to the New England Patriots:eek::D

It all started changing when we switched owners and hired Bill Parcells. Then we switched owners again and Bob Kraft bought the team and he and Parcells didn't get along so Kraft hired Belichick. Well, the rest is history.
WEll, we have another Sunday nite game this week. We host the Eagles.
Have a great Thanksgiving Bri and all,

Gary