PDA

View Full Version : VL300 advanced driver assistance needed

Howard Garner
09-22-2007, 9:52 PM
Working my first paying job and ran into a problem.

I have a VersaLaser 300 with the filter cart.
The charcoal filter was running close to the end life so I installed an external exhaust blower.
Using the materials driver it reports the filter has expired and requests a replacement authorization code.
Installed the advanced driver and it appears to be working EXCEPT FOR FOCUS.
It appears that you need to manually focus. That I can do. I this point I miss something to retain the new focus height. When I go to Start the table returns to its bottom home position.
What did I Miss??

I'll check back in the morning for any answers/

Howard Garner
VersaLaser VL300 30 watt, Corel X3

Todd Schwartz
09-23-2007, 4:52 PM
Howard,

Unlike the standard driver, in the advanced driver you need to select your power, speed, PPI and Z axis for each of the 8 colors. Sounds like you may be missing this step. (The default z axis setting is 4" which is why I think you are going all the way to the bottom when you start to print)

Here is the sequence of events.
- Select print from within CorelDraw
- When the print dialog box appears select the "VL300Advanced printer"
- Then select properties, just to the right of the print driver name.
- Once in the properties you able to make all of your advanced settings, including your Z axis (material thickness). Click on the color name, select the settings and then be sure to click on the big SET button. You should be ready to go.

Good luck and let us know if this does the trick.

Todd

Howard Garner
09-23-2007, 6:17 PM
Howard,

Unlike the standard driver, in the advanced driver you need to select your power, speed, PPI and Z axis for each of the 8 colors. Sounds like you may be missing this step. (The default z axis setting is 4" which is why I think you are going all the way to the bottom when you start to print)

Here is the sequence of events.
- Select print from within CorelDraw
- When the print dialog box appears select the "VL300Advanced printer"
- Then select properties, just to the right of the print driver name.
- Once in the properties you able to make all of your advanced settings, including your Z axis (material thickness). Click on the color name, select the settings and then be sure to click on the big SET button. You should be ready to go.

Good luck and let us know if this does the trick.

Todd

Todd,

You are correct. I was missing the z-axis setting.

I did remove and reinstall the VL300 material driver without the filter cabinet selected and was able to finish the job. The job will go out in the mail on Monday.

I am looking forward to the flexibility of the advance driver.

Thanks for the quick assistance.

Howard