PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous Customer Service Story

Tom Hamilton
09-22-2007, 9:03 PM
Greetings from still hot and humid Houston:

So, about Tuesday or Wednesday I noticed that the shop window A/C was not meeting expectations. Hum, just bought it July 5th, THIS YEAR!

So Thursday night I scheduled an service call for Friday after lunch. Roy, the friendly Sears guy, came on time, spend 15 minutes or so in the shop and said, "don't quote me, I'll deny I say it, but I would insist on a new unit. I can replace the compressor and make it work, but it's only 83 days old. I would ask for a new one. I'll write your repair ticket to say you want a replacement."

Well, sounds good to me. So Roy does his thing, I pull the broken unit out of the window and head to Sears.

I'll spare you the details but 30 minutes later they were loading a new unit into the van. And it was the upgrade to 15,000BTU from the 12,000 that failed. They were out of the 12,000BTU unit and agreed that an upgrade was in order for my trouble! You never know until you ask.

So, Sears gets high marks for customer service. Hope your experience with Sears is the same,

Tom, in Houston, with a monster 15,000BTU chiller in the shop!

jonathan snyder
09-23-2007, 3:07 AM
Thats great Tom, always nice to hear a success story.

Seem kind of funny, talking about air conditioning, when I turned the shop heater on the other night for the first time this fall!

Jonathan

John Bailey
09-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Seem kind of funny, talking about air conditioning, when I turned the shop heater on the other night for the first time this fall!

Jonathan

I agree! We've already lost some of our tomatoes to frost this year.:mad:

Good news about the AC Tom. I've always gotten good service from Sears. I'm glad I progressed past their tools that I used to own. But, while I had them they did good service, especially for the price.

John