PDA

View Full Version : Must have help with Dremel

Jim Kountz
02-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Ok guys, I really need your help. The fiancee has all the sudden decided she wants to learn carving with the Dremel. She thinks thats its the coolest little tool ever made. So heres where I need help. If I get her interested in this, it means she will no doubt take more interest in the shop in general. See where Im going with this? Her interest in the shop means its easier for me to get more toys! So I tried to find her some books on the subjest of power carving and working with the Dremel but I couldnt find much. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. You could just help me get a new jointer or something!!

Thanks!

Jim

Wolf Kiessling
02-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Ok guys, I really need your help. The fiancee has all the sudden decided she wants to learn carving with the Dremel. She thinks thats its the coolest little tool ever made. So heres where I need help. If I get her interested in this, it means she will no doubt take more interest in the shop in general. See where Im going with this? Her interest in the shop means its easier for me to get more toys! So I tried to find her some books on the subjest of power carving and working with the Dremel but I couldnt find much. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. You could just help me get a new jointer or something!!

Thanks!

Jim

I like your thinking, Jim. I can't really answer your question as I'm not sure EXACTLY what you're looking for but I can refer you to someone to consult with. Frank Russell is WCI's power carving editor and he, and his wife Caroline, operate the Stonegate Woodcarving School. If you will go to his website, you can link to his email address and you can ask him all kinds of specific questions. I don't think there is a thing about power carving he doesn't know and I believe he has used every power carving tool on the planet. I own a couple of Dremels myself in addition to a Foredom plus a B&D Wizard but couldn't really recommend any books as I have never read any on power carving. His web site is

www.woodcarve.net

If there are any specific questions I can answer, shoot....

Wolf