PDA

View Full Version : JDS Air Cleaner $174 INCLUDES shipping

Jeffrey Schronce
09-22-2007, 10:47 AM
http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B0000302XS/?tag=wwwemcadjusti-20&linkCode=asn&creativeASIN=B0000302XS

Chuck Lenz
09-22-2007, 11:03 AM
There you go guys, at a price like that on a quality machine from a very reputable company theres no excuse for you not to have air filtration in your shop. If I hadn't allready bought my Delta 50-875 this spring I'd be allover this one and on the phone. Thats a heck of a buy.

walter stellwagen
09-22-2007, 11:55 AM
listing dissapeard

Walt

Jeffrey Schronce
09-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Availability: Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Sounds like the deal was over. I believe they were blowing them out and will no longer be carrying that model. There is no way they were selling at that price with free shipping on purpose. Shipping cost would be around $50 - $75 on that item.

Wayne Wheeling
09-22-2007, 1:26 PM
Got an email confirming my order. Hope they don't cancel!

Items not yet shipped:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/x-locale/common/icons/arrow_subordinate._V47081670_.gif Delivery estimate: October 5, 2007 - October 11, 2007
1 of: JDS 14022 750-ER Variable Speed Air Filtration System with Remote and Electrostatic Pre-Filter
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Justin Bukoski
09-22-2007, 2:15 PM
I managed to snag one before they ran out too.

Bruce Benjamin
09-22-2007, 2:35 PM
There you go guys, at a price like that on a quality machine from a very reputable company theres no excuse for you not to have air filtration in your shop. If I hadn't allready bought my Delta 50-875 this spring I'd be allover this one and on the phone. Thats a heck of a buy.

$175 isn't free and for a lot of people is way beyond their everyday budget. Amazon deals like this don't usually last long and it came and went just like that. A good face mask like this: http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10997 or this: http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10834 is going to be much more effective in protecting your lungs than the JDS and the Jr. version is inexpensive enough that almost anyone can afford it. I have one and use it all the time and it works very well. The overhead JDS filter isn't a bad idea but for $175 there's a very good excuse for me not to have air filtration in my shop. I'm certain I'm not alone in this either.

Bruce

Chuck Lenz
09-22-2007, 3:47 PM
$175 isn't free and for a lot of people is way beyond their everyday budget. Amazon deals like this don't usually last long and it came and went just like that. A good face mask like this: http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10997 or this: http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10834 is going to be much more effective in protecting your lungs than the JDS and the Jr. version is inexpensive enough that almost anyone can afford it. I have one and use it all the time and it works very well. The overhead JDS filter isn't a bad idea but for $175 there's a very good excuse for me not to have air filtration in my shop. I'm certain I'm not alone in this either.

Bruce
Here we go again. I'll agree that a good dust mask should be used during most operations, but theres probably alot of people that don't bother with them or use the paper ones that aren't really much good. Then theres the dust that covers everything in the shop and to me thats a fire hazzard. In the winter months up here in North Dakota I like to keep the doors and windows shut to keep the heat in the shop, and trust me it doesn't take long to fill the air with fine dust in a enclosed shop, even with a dust collector that has good bags on it. I'm sure there are some people that have shops in the basement of their homes and would like to keep dust to a minimum also. Maybe some people can't afford it or just haven't bought one yet. Before I bought mine I used a box fan with a washable filter till I found what I wanted, it wasn't as good as a air filtration unit or as convienant because of the remote control, but it worked for the time being. The point is, in most cases if you don't have any kind of air filtration in your shop, someday you will regret it. $175 seemed like a pretty darn good deal for a unit that usually sells for $319, especially when it's a unit that is known for air filtration and good customer service.

Gary Keedwell
09-22-2007, 4:08 PM
Here we go again. I'll agree that a good dust mask should be used during most operations, but theres probably alot of people that don't bother with them or use the paper ones that aren't really much good. Then theres the dust that covers everything in the shop and to me thats a fire hazzard. In the winter months up here in North Dakota I like to keep the doors and windows shut to keep the heat in the shop, and trust me it doesn't take long to fill the air with fine dust in a enclosed shop, even with a dust collector that has good bags on it. I'm sure there are some people that have shops in the basement of their homes and would like to keep dust to a minimum also. Maybe some people can't afford it or just haven't bought one yet. Before I bought mine I used a box fan with a washable filter till I found what I wanted, it wasn't as good as a air filtration unit or as convienant because of the remote control, but it worked for the time being. The point is, in most cases if you don't have any kind of air filtration in your shop, someday you will regret it. $175 seemed like a pretty darn good deal for a unit that usually sells for $319, especially when it's a unit that is known for air filtration and good customer service.
:) Chuck...I totally agree with you. I have had my Delta for 15 years and think it does a pretty good job . Woodworking a is a pleasant diversion for me. It is a hobby I really enjoy. Wearing a mask is something that I despise and it takes from my enjoyment. Now. before everybody jumps on my case, I have improved my air quality by using a sander that has a vac attatched.(Festool),. Between my air cleaner and my new sanding gear, I have improved my air and I still get to enjoy what I enjoy best and my lungs and environment like it too.:)

Gary K.

Bruce Benjamin
09-22-2007, 4:22 PM

Here we go again??? What? Now I can't disagree with your comments and statements? Please don't tell on me again.:)

You seemed to have missed my main point. I'll see if I can make more clear. You said that now there isn't any excuse not to have air filtration. I didn't disagree that air filtration was a good thing or useful. I also didn't say that the only method was by using a dust mask. I just said, (and here's the key) that there is a good excuse and that is that some people can't afford $175 on a spur of the moment buy like one of the Amazon sales.

Now you're bringing up the hows and whys of dealing with dust and all I'm saying is that you're wrong about there being no excuse. While many people can't afford $175 almost anyone can afford way under $20 shipped. And the Resp-O-Rator Jr. (I wear mine a lot) will protect your lungs far better than that JDS unit. Dust settling on the surfaces of your workshop is a completely different issue than I brought up.

I don't care about the problems of a basement shop and I don't believe that a little surface dust significantly increases the fire danger in my shop. I have a good air compressor, a hose, a blow nozzle, a large garage door, and a couple of cheap fans. I don't have much dust in my shop as a result. If I'm cold I wear a long sleeve shirt and close the door after I've blown out the dust.

Bruce

Gary Keedwell
09-22-2007, 4:30 PM
The original poster gave us the " heads-up" on a good deal. Another poster basically said it was a good deal......I don't see why anybody would want to turn this into a debate.:confused:

Gary K.

Bruce Benjamin
09-22-2007, 4:36 PM
:) Chuck...I totally agree with you. I have had my Delta for 15 years and think it does a pretty good job . Woodworking a is a pleasant diversion for me. It is a hobby I really enjoy. Wearing a mask is something that I despise and it takes from my enjoyment. Now. before everybody jumps on my case, I have improved my air quality by using a sander that has a vac attatched.(Festool),. Between my air cleaner and my new sanding gear, I have improved my air and I still get to enjoy what I enjoy best and my lungs and environment like it too.:)

Gary K.

If you're using Festool then you probably aren't one of the people who can't afford to spend $175 at the drop of a hat at Amazon. Who is going to disagree that less dust is better than more dust? Nobody is.

I don't like wearing a mask either but I despise going further into debt or not working in my shop at all even more. Right now my choices are to either wear a dust mask and work in the shop, not wear a dust mask and work in my shop, or not wear a dust mask and stay in the house. Which choice would you make if you couldn't afford to make the spur-of-the-moment decision that Chuck expected everyone to make? When I can afford one I'll get one but it's not at the top of my priority list right now. Food, mortgage payments and occasionally some wood for building things is more important for me and many other low-budget wood workers.

Bruce

Noah Vig
09-22-2007, 5:32 PM
I agree with above poster, why turn this into a debate? For one, I am thankful it was posted. I have been waiting for quite a while to get one and jumped on it.

There are times that deals are posted and I would like to purchase but its not a good time for me. I simply say dang it and keep on browsing.

Todd Jensen
09-22-2007, 5:58 PM
I don't know why the 'have not' guy got his panties in a wad either. It was just a good deal on a quality machine, not an insult or gloat. Wear a wet rag over your mouth and nose, I don't care, of course you'll do whatever is economical and within your budget, but none of that really applies to a $175 dust filtration system. Personally, I don't think you can really throw too much money towards protecting your health. I haven't heard of a successful lung transplant, much less a $175 one. wah wah wah.:cool: Bruce, you're just looking for a fight, and well, I'm always game.

Bruce Benjamin
09-22-2007, 7:06 PM
I don't know why the 'have not' guy got his panties in a wad either. It was just a good deal on a quality machine, not an insult or gloat. Wear a wet rag over your mouth and nose, I don't care, of course you'll do whatever is economical and within your budget, but none of that really applies to a $175 dust filtration system. Personally, I don't think you can really throw too much money towards protecting your health. I haven't heard of a successful lung transplant, much less a $175 one. wah wah wah.:cool: Bruce, you're just looking for a fight, and well, I'm always game.

Ok Todd. Here's your game. I wasn't complaining in any way that this deal was posted or that it wasn't a great deal or that people shouldn't do whatever they have to do to buy it. I was ONLY responding to Chuck's comment that people had no excuse not to buy it. That's All! Then Chuck overreacts and starts defending his purpose of buying one etc. etc. I never had a problem with that and never argued against it. I was just pointing out that there really is a good reason for some people not to buy it and it has nothing to do with how much it's needed in a shop. So, stuff your panties anywhere you like. You might want to take a course on Reading comprehension. You and everyone else can look for your fight anywhere you want but don't look for one from me. I've made a valid point and if you can't understand it that's not my problem. Sorry if you are disappointed though. :)

Bruce

Maurice Ungaro
09-22-2007, 7:59 PM
Gentelmen,
Let's please keep this civil. If you don't care to have an item in your shop, fine. If one of us finds a good deal that others might enjoy, kudos for them for passing it along.

If you don't like guns, don't have them. Same goes for air cleaners. BTW, I had wanted a JDS, but found a good deal on the same Delta that Chuck has, and love it. But, that's just me.

Jim Becker
09-22-2007, 8:08 PM
Enough. This thread has gone in a really wrong direction and is now closed to further posting.

Jim
SMC Moderator