PDA

View Full Version : Never know what a wife will ask for LOL - humor

harry strasil
09-21-2007, 3:23 PM
A Blacksmith friend of mine was telling he about his wifes honeydo request, thought you might get a chuckle out of it.

My wife stepped into my workshop the other day and asked me if I
would go do some wood turning on the lathe. "Of course I will," I
replied, with anticipatory joy at the thought of my wife's pleasure
when I would be finished creating the item for which she had a need.
I questioned, "What do you need? Maybe a new dibber or possibly a
rolling pin or a vase? I have Persimmon, Hickory, Mesquite, a little
bit of Walnut and a tad of Oak. What would you like?"
"Oh, I don't care," my wife replied. "I just need about six bags of shavings for
the flower beds.":rolleyes:

Dave Anderson NH
09-21-2007, 3:39 PM
I thought you said humor Junior. That's just nothing but reality.:D They weren't kidding when they said women were form venus and men were from mars. Heck, maybe we're even galaxies apart.

Figure out how my wife thinks.... not in a million years.

Jim Becker
09-21-2007, 4:30 PM
Hey...it's an excuse to be in the shop! :D

Zahid Naqvi
09-21-2007, 6:10 PM
I think that's a very valid reason, honey I'll be in the garage making mulch for your flower beds :cool:

Rod Sheridan
09-26-2007, 3:17 PM
Funny, when I was making Arts and Crafts furniture for the living room, my wife asked me to stop putting planer shavings in the garden. It seems the Ph was getting screwed up from the oak.......Some days I just don't win.

Ken Massingale
09-27-2007, 7:08 AM
That must be going around. LOML asked the other day when I would be planing Aromatic Red Cedar again.
Nothing to do but make her happy, out came the Stanley #5, a bit later she had all the Pot Pourri pots in the house full of curly shavings. :D

Marcus Ward
09-27-2007, 8:53 AM
If you put those oak shavings in strawberry beds they'll love it. Oak leaves will do this too. Strawberries like the acidic soil.

The other night I cut a groove down the center of a 3/4 pine board on the table saw and then made passes with the plane to pull off perfect little ribbons for my wife to put on a package for her friend.