PDA

View Full Version : Opening PDF's in Corel Draw

Robert Hoeft
09-20-2007, 10:02 PM
I am opening up PDF files in Corel Draw. I then remove the inside color so only the vector line drawing is left. The line thickness is wider than a hairline so I select all and change the line thickness to hairline. All looks good untill I run the program and find out that many of the lines have duped themselves. I have tried many different methods but each one comes up with copied line each time. Any ideas.

Joe Pelonio
09-20-2007, 10:34 PM
In other words, the laser cuts some of the lines twice or more?

Did they duplicate themselves, or were there already duplicates? Many programs, including Corel, can publish to PDF. If the file was created in a CAD program the exra lines on top of each other are common. If that program was used to create the PDF it would probably still be that way.

Robert Hoeft
09-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes the laser cuts some lines twice.

When I open the pdf file there are not any duplicated lines but the line thickness is .069 and will not vector cut, so I select all line and change them to hairline and then a lot of the interior line are duplicated.

Mike Null
09-21-2007, 5:43 AM
Robert

Open "object manager" and it will show you how many elements there are in the drawing. From there you can delete what you don't want.

I agree with Joe that it was not originally a Corel drawing.