PDA

View Full Version : oscillating spindel sander

terry sligar
09-20-2007, 7:19 PM
i need to buy an oscillating spindel sander. what would be your recommendation?

Tony De Masi
09-20-2007, 7:26 PM
I would give the Ridgid serious consideration.

Jim Becker
09-20-2007, 7:30 PM
For a table-top unit, I'd recommend one of the units that have a cast iron top and tilting table. (I have an older design from Delta and while it has the iron top, it doesn't tilt...something I could have used more times than I ever imagined) The Jet is an example of one I'd choose in this category.

For a stationary (floor standing) model, there are a number of choices. Grizzly makes a very nice one as does Sunhill.

Carroll Courtney
09-20-2007, 8:06 PM
Terry,if you are talking about a floor model I have the Giz and love it.Comes w/ several spindle sizes from 1/2 to 4".table tilts to left or right.Its perfict for me,since I'm just a hobbist.I think it would stand up to everyday use from a full blowed cabinet shop.One thing I also look it when purchasing floor models is the resale value.Good Luck

Jeffrey Makiel
09-21-2007, 10:13 AM
I've been considering a benchtop model for some time. It's a matter of space for me. The little Jet benchtop oscillating sander gets high marks. A search of this forum is recommended. Also, the Jet sander sports an optional 3" dia spindle option as well as a tilting top. This is something that most other benchtops don't have.

-Jeff :)

Steven Wilson
09-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Griz 1071 - fine unit.