PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw ID?

Danny Thompson
09-20-2007, 2:24 PM
Any idea what kind of bandsaw this is? I haven't seen it in person, yet. All I know is what I can see in this photo.

Jason Beam
09-20-2007, 3:03 PM
"Supreme" it says on the door ...

The "Wood Cutting" sticker on the front of the table is very interesting. The only saws I've seen with that sticker is on the Harbor Freight models.

How much are they asking?

Rod Sheridan
09-20-2007, 3:16 PM
I owned a "Busy Bee" 14 inch bandsaw in the 90's that was identical down to the stand.

The table flexed, the guides were junk etc etc, however I used it (and cursed it) for years before buying a General.

Regards, Rod.

Gene O. Carpenter
09-20-2007, 5:09 PM
It's a Taiwanese copy of a Delta! I bought it's sister for $25 from a guy that broke the trunnions. I looked around and realized what it was so I went on line to Ace Tool Repair in Canada, ordered both sets of trunnions, threw the crappy motor away and installed a Baldor 1 HP with a 4 step cone pulley and now, while it's not up to some people's standards, it's a good smooth running 14" saw.

I can't remember the name but I looked at a Reliant Woodworkers Warehouse when they were closing down and that brand is also a Taiwanese Delta copy..

Only thing that I don't like is the wheel covers have to come completely off to change the blade..Going to see if I can put hinges on backside..

Just went down and checked mine,stickers in same spot they're twins except for color, I see yours is Gray...Intergram Machine Co Mod WA=14

Danny Thompson
09-20-2007, 7:56 PM
They want $50. Hmmm. How much did you spend on the 1 horse motor?

Steve Clardy
09-20-2007, 9:15 PM
I had a black one that looked identical to that one pictured.

Woodcutter or something like that. :confused:

Gene O. Carpenter
09-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I had it from another unfinished and long forgotten project,but you can find them on eBay or start going to yard sales or flee markets...