PDA

View Full Version : New Used Tool Gloat

Bobby Hatfield
02-01-2004, 3:32 PM
Well I did it ! I outbid a bunch of rednecks, antique collectors and junk dealers for an old Rockwell-Delta shaper, only problem was, it had an attached 1hp 3ph Powermatic feeder that I didn't need and couldn't use without the phase converter, so I bid on the converter too, a little high for the crowd and I was the only bidder. What I need is a 3/4" spindle for the shaper, it came with only the 1/2". Anyone know if it is still avilable ? And where ?

Todd Burch
02-01-2004, 4:57 PM
Yes, it is still available. I think maybe around $70. You can buy it from Circle Saw Builders supply in Houston. (http://www.circlesaw.com/)

Alan or Bill, or any of the sales crew, are pretty helpful.

Bobby, I have this same (most likely) shaper. Will this thing "cut the mustard"? I've been looking to upgrade mine to a model that supports a 1¼" spindle. Mine works. It howls a little bit. A friend wants to buy it for $350. I've only used it once in a production job. I bought it in '98 at an estate sale. I think I paid $450. It has a lot of steel cutters, but most are smallish. I ordered a manual from Delta.

Todd

Bobby Hatfield
02-01-2004, 6:17 PM
Yes, it is still available. I think maybe around $70. You can buy it from Circle Saw Builders supply in Houston. (http://www.circlesaw.com/)

Alan or Bill, or any of the sales crew, are pretty helpful.

Bobby, I have this same (most likely) shaper. Will this thing "cut the mustard"? I've been looking to upgrade mine to a model that supports a 1¼" spindle. Mine works. It howls a little bit. A friend wants to buy it for $350. I've only used it once in a production job. I bought it in '98 at an estate sale. I think I paid $450. It has a lot of steel cutters, but most are smallish. I ordered a manual from Delta.

Todd

I got the shaper, feeder, and converter for $550. Does this shaper have a model number ? This one has cast iron base so its probably made in the 70's, I don't know any Delta history. I still want a large 5 or 7hp shaper with long 1-1/4 spindle. I'll use this one for changing out different cutters on to keep my others set up for doors. I didn't check but think it is 2 speed. I think I may have bought it for the large table top w/two extensions. Thanks for the spindle availibility info.

Steve Clardy
02-01-2004, 6:26 PM
You'll be adding on to that new shop before it's even built, buying all those goodies fills up floor space. Ha. Sounds like a good find there. Steve