PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Rotary Unit

Ron Thompson
09-19-2007, 8:09 PM
I have a Epilog Mini 45 watt. I bought it without the rotary unit.
What do these cost and are they worth the money?

Do they (Epilog) have different units for the different model lasers or is it the same unit for all modles?

Ron in San Jose

Frank Corker
09-19-2007, 8:15 PM
Ron, I think they are all pretty much the same on the epilog. I have had one since I bought the machine, it was expensive on the UK side but I have used it several times. It's one of those.... where you need to do a job but don't have the right equipment situations. They are useful, but unless you are doing numerous jobs that need it, cost might be a problem. As I do have it, I never have to send the customer off elsewhere (competition and possibly loss of customer at the same time) just because it was a rotary item. Personally, I think for the self satisfaction it's worth it, but I had mine thrown in with the deal.

Scott Shepherd
09-19-2007, 8:45 PM
I think they are about $1200 for the Epilog. I can't say it was a real money maker in the normal aspect but I used it several times to make glass for my better customers. I had several quotes that were several thousand dollars each and I couldn't break them to release the orders. I made them personalized glass sets with their family members names on them ($6 in glasses, 15 minutes in Corel, and 10 minutes on the laser) and both times, they cut me the order the next day. So it's helped me get work, but it's not done a lot of work that I could charge for.

Kim Vellore
09-20-2007, 5:59 PM
I have a Epilog Mini 45 watt. I bought it without the rotary unit.
What do these cost and are they worth the money?

Do they (Epilog) have different units for the different model lasers or is it the same unit for all modles?

Ron in San Jose

They cost 10 times what they are worth and there no technology there either.

Kim

Gregg Vaughn
09-21-2007, 9:43 AM
I too got mine "thrown in" with my initial purchase. Its been a great thing to play and learn with, but I've found few uses other than glass and flashlights. I also look at it as one of those tools that you may not need often, but is great to have when needed.

Ron Thompson
09-21-2007, 2:12 PM
OK Thanks for the information. I've decided to purchase one from another user that says he just doesn't use his.

So I bought a rotary unit with only a few hours on it for $750 and that includes shipping to California. At least I didn't have to pay $1200.

Thanks again ............... Ron Thompson

Tim Bateson
10-17-2007, 6:16 AM
I've now purchased a very slightly used (+- 5 hours) Epilog Mini 24 - 35watt :p:D:p.

I need a rotary for a bunch of wine bottles. I know a lot of folks here have said they got theirs thrown in with the deal and have never used it. Please send me a message if you can part with yours at a decent price.

Tim

Mike DeRegnaucourt
10-17-2007, 9:16 PM
Tim...congratulations on the new purchase! :cool: