PDA

View Full Version : removing hydraulic fluid

Gregg Feldstone
09-18-2007, 11:36 PM
A plumber came to my house and his sewer machine leaked some nasty hydraulic fluid all over my deck and concrete driveway and sidewalk. So far I've tried mineral spirits,turpentine, heavy degreaser, pressure washing and nothing has been able to remove the stain. Any suggestions???
THanks!!

harry strasil
09-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Dawn Dishwashing liquid Soap, Hot Water and a long handled brush.

Bob Nazro
09-19-2007, 9:22 AM
Simple Green or Dawn work great. A lot of elbow grease with a good stiff brush. Lay it down and let it sink in a bit then scrup with hot water. Repeat until yor arm locks up.

Ryan Hovis
09-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Try a $1.29 can of instant starting fluid (ether) best oil solvent out there IMO.

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-19-2007, 12:35 PM
A plumber came to my house and his sewer machine leaked some nasty hydraulic fluid all over my deck and concrete driveway and sidewalk. So far I've tried mineral spirits,turpentine, heavy degreaser, pressure washing and nothing has been able to remove the stain. Any suggestions???
THanks!!

A phone call to the plumber.
Failing that remind him that you have the State's HaZ Mat emergency response number.

Lee Schierer
09-19-2007, 1:21 PM
I've used "Gunk" spray engine cleaner on oil spots on concrete with good succuess in the past. Get a good warm day, spray on the gunk and hose it off after the time interval reccommended on the can.

Matt Meiser
09-19-2007, 5:26 PM
Laundry Detergent, especially powered mixed with just enough water to make a paste is a very strong detergent. It might take a while soaking to get it off. I would think the plumber is responsible though.

Gregg Feldstone
09-20-2007, 4:42 AM
What would you guys recommend on the wood deck?
It's a treated pine deck.

Russ Filtz
09-25-2007, 8:55 AM
That's easy for a woodworker. Replace the deck, bigger and better! :p