PDA

View Full Version : Hatachi router

Sean Troy
09-18-2007, 7:17 PM
Well, I got my Hatachi 3 1/4 hp Router delivered from Amazon today. The UPS guy (not my regular driver) practicly dropped and ran as a delivery. the box was in bad shape and opened. He was gone before I could even get to the door. After careful inspection, everything looks ok. Free delivery only took a week and at 124.00 with tax, I couldn't pass it up.

Jason White
09-18-2007, 7:38 PM
I'm anxious to know how you like it in a router table, if that's what you're planning to use it for.

JW

Well, I got my Hatachi 3 1/4 hp Router delivered from Amazon today. The UPS guy (not my regular driver) practicly dropped and ran as a delivery. the box was in bad shape and opened. He was gone before I could even get to the door. After careful inspection, everything looks ok. Free delivery only took a week and at 124.00 with tax, I couldn't pass it up.

Jim Kountz
09-18-2007, 7:53 PM
Is this the new M12V2 or the good ol M12V??

Sean Troy
09-18-2007, 8:13 PM
M12V2. It'll be a week or so before I get to use. I have to finish the shop. Wiring should be done by thursday then on to the insulation and walls. I'll probably use it first when I build my work benches.

Jim Kountz
09-18-2007, 8:32 PM
Nice, be sure and tell us how you like it!

Fred Voorhees
09-18-2007, 8:51 PM
If it's anything like the M12V, your going to love it. I have had two M12V's and both have been mounted in my router table. Have not let me down. Only reason for the second one is my bad (collet locked when I turned it on):eek: That was a sorry day in the shop. Went right to the phone and ordered another. Had no hesitation.

Michael Short
09-18-2007, 10:11 PM
I couldn't pass up the deal either. I received mine yesterday and wow it is it an impressive piece of machinery. I have a Dewalt DW618 and very happy with it, but at $117 and free shipping for the Hitachi I could not pass it up. I plan to mount this one a table and leave it. It has plenty of horsepower to do the job. I really love these forums as I might not have found such a great deal on this router otherwise.