PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Art/Craft Shows

Dan Stuewe
09-18-2007, 12:58 PM
This is a pretty specific request, but my wife and I are struggling over making a commitment to show at the Sacramento Harvest Festival. My wife is a glass and jewelry artist and we have struggled to find good venues for her work. Many of the craft shows seem like they are quite a bit lower end then her work. She spent the past weekend at the Long Beach Harvest Festival and it was beyond disappointing. This was echoed by other vendors, one of which recommended the Bay area and Sacramento as places his glass work has done well. We will be in San Carlos (Bay area) in three weeks and we are looking at getting into the Harvest Festival in Sacramento the weekend before Thanksgiving.

That was a long introduction to get to my question. Have those of you who sell your work in the Sacramento area found the arts and crafts shows to be well attended by people looking for more than fruit preserves and painted cows?

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Joe Pelonio
09-18-2007, 3:05 PM
We used to go to the one in SF almost every year, as visitors though not as vendors. We always found it to be a more high-end hand craft event. There were some of the less expensive items but also high quality work that cost a lot of money where I'm sure you would be among good company as a vendor.
I know we've spent a lot of money there in the past. We'd get together with friends, go to the festival then out to a nice dinner.

Whether or not you'd sell a lot of items depends more on the state of the economy at the time it's on.

Assuming mostly the same vendors I'd suggest that San Francisco has more sales than Sacramento.