PDA

View Full Version : miter saw stand

Tony Falotico
02-01-2004, 8:03 AM
anybody have a 'store bought' miter saw stand? I saw the DeWalt at HD yesterday, quite a nice setup but was disappointed because it rocked a bit, not quite as solid and sturdy as I think it should be. They also had a Ridgid, in the box and was unable to see anything but the pic. Couldn't find any info on the Ridgid webb site. Lowe's has the Hitachi, looks a little more substantial than the DeWalt, but it's up on a top shelf with only two legs attached and can't get a good look see at it. Again, couldn't find it on their website. All three are same price so $$ isn't an issue.

Leaning toward the DeWalt, anybody have any of these?

fred woltersdorf
02-01-2004, 8:56 AM
tony i have the dewalt stand with a makita ls1013scms and it is rock steady.perhaps it's not assembled correctly,almost a sure thing at the borg.i use this setup everyday doing trim and i love the adjustable wings on it.

Tyler Howell
02-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Tony, I have the Stablemate, very solid. Do a lot of site work mostly in my house.The clamp that attaches the CSMS to the unit will clamp to a 4” or 6” sawhoarse as well as a scaffold. I added the shelf which is great and have another chop saw and router table I’ve modified to fit. Added a couple of Rockler fences with flip-stop that were on closeout. Really like them too.Only complaint is it has small wheels and a little hard to move when fully assembled Not a salesman for any products.

Sorry, didn't do Terry Hatfield before the Pix.

Rob in Winnipeg
02-01-2004, 3:45 PM
I looked at several different stands, but chose a RIDGID M-SUV to put under my Bosch slider. I don't think any other stand can touch it, and the price can't be beat.

http://www.ridgidwoodworking.com/photos/ac9940_1.jpg

Tony Falotico
02-01-2004, 3:59 PM
[QUOTE=Rob in Winnipeg]I looked at several different stands, but chose a RIDGID M-SUV to put under my Bosch slider. I don't think any other stand can touch it, and the price can't be beat.

Rob, That looks like the one in the box at HD that they did not have set up, looks interesting. I'm looking for something that is movable, can be stored out of the way when not in use, and perhaps maybe even mount the Delta Midi lath? Am I asking too much?

Ken Garlock
02-01-2004, 5:27 PM
Here is another vote for the StalbeMate stand. It is built like a brick outhouse, it folds up for transport, the saw is removed with two small cranks in the front, and you can't beat it for just over $100. And it is make in Iowa, USA. :)

Rob in Winnipeg
02-01-2004, 6:00 PM
Am I asking too much?

Not if you work for the Defence Department. Are you sure you don't want a stand that's also amphibeous? :D

Daniel Rabinovitz
02-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Tony
I'll add one more manufacturer to the group.
How about Rousseau Company.
Daniel
:rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
02-02-2004, 4:57 PM
Tony,
I have the Delta. Though it's pleasing to the eye, I missed one important thing when I bought it. When you are not using it, it won't stand up on it's own if it's folded up. In other words, if I fold it up and am not using it, it has to be hung or leaning on some other shop tool. A couple of months after I bought it at HD, they started carrying the Ridgid stand. While it's not quite so pleasing to the eye, it does stand up on itself when not in use. The smaller footprint is important if you have a small shop like I do. The Ridgid seems to have have all of the same features as my Delta.