PDA

View Full Version : Mercury 25w alignment problem HELP!

Harry Radaza
09-18-2007, 2:57 AM
I have 2 Laserpro Mercury 25 watt machines. Minor problems with them in the past, but nothing that my dealer did not repair quickly. However, we are currently having problems engraving and aligning.

First problem was if we put a full load of items to be engraved, the middle area of the X axis (Y axis from top to bottom) would all be double engraved and engraved out of focus. However, if I were to put just individual items in the same area in the middle of the table along the X axis from top to bottom, it would engrave fine. Same file used, same material. Maybe has something to do with the head moving from one end to the other end?

Dealer repaired it by replacing the (gear?) that the motor attaches to. The same moving part that the belt rotates around. This temporarily fixed it by eliminating the double engraving (or fuzzy output) in the middle BUT transferred that problem to the left most part of the X axis and still from top to bottom. Maybe the first 2 inches along the X axis. Single engravings on that area still produces excellent results. Only volume jobs creates the problem.

Circle Cutting jobs also ends up jarred in the starting and end point. It does not become a complete circle.

The dealer has told me that he doesn't want to tinker with the machine more than he should for fear of turning a small problem into a bigger one. Although right now, it is very useable and allows us to continue production I would like to get this repaired sooner or later to maximize productivity.

Anyone have any ideas on where the problem might be and what to do ? I am in the philippines so only 1 dealer here.

Rodne Gold
09-18-2007, 3:42 AM
a few things to check
1) shaft encoder on the X axis motor might be dirty , the motor has a cover on the end sealing this , but dust gets in , a soft brush should cure this
2) X axis belt tension - this should be "tight"
3) Clean all roller bearings and lube all moving parts
4) Check the beam alignment and that the beam isnt hitting anything thats splitting it.

Jim A. Walters
09-18-2007, 5:40 AM
Does the head move freely across the rail? I have heard of the wire track and/or the air assist hose catching as the head moved across the rail. We engrave a lot of anodized aluminum. The slot in the lower track gets build up from the grit. Every now and then we use a soft brass brush and industrial cleaner to make sure the lower track and upper rail are smooth with no buildup.

Scott Perry
09-18-2007, 7:07 AM
I have an Explorer II. I was getting a fuzzy image when I used a high speed. Every time it reverse direction the lense would shift a little. It turned out to be the Head (assembly that the lense is in) was loose. I had to remove the air hose to get to one of the 4 metric screws that hold the head to the rail bracket. I haven't had any trouble since.