PDA

View Full Version : name tag domes

Craig Hogarth
09-18-2007, 2:14 AM
I had a catalog for a company that sold a doming kit for name tags but it's been missing for quite a while. It had stickers that could be printed on an inkjet, applied to a name tag and a dome placed over it. Anyone know who does this?

Mike Null
09-18-2007, 7:47 AM
Craig

If you contact these people I believe they will send samples for you to try. http://www.deco-coat.com/epoxy.html

Bill Cunningham
09-18-2007, 8:40 PM
Several years ago, I did some name badges for a dentist. They were pretty well fixed on the colours they wanted, which were only available in a hot stamping foil that was not really compatible with the badge plastic and would rub off over time.. I went to HomeDepot, and picked up a clear epoxy kit used for tabletops, slab clocks.. Etc.. It's basically the same stuff as the deco-coat product.. I mixed it in a small batch 50/50 then slowly poured some over the badge face's while they were supported off the table. It was poured slow enough to allow it to flow to the edge, but not over the edge. I blew on it gently to clear out any bubbles (it's the Co2 in your breath that breaks the bubbles, not the air flow itself) I tiptoed away, and left them alone to cure.. The dome sealed and protected the badges, and let the colours show through.. Worked out pretty slick.. The kit was the smallest one (you can get it in gallons too) cost about $15.00 I think and contained enough to do far more badges then I would ever need so you can use the rest to seal big ugly spiders in epoxy cubes :eek: :D

Craig Hogarth
09-18-2007, 9:08 PM
Thanks, but these domes were already premade. You just stuck them over a sticker you printed on your inkjet.

Craig Hogarth
09-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I found their website http://www.ezebadge.com/

I remember seeing them at the ARA Vegas show and thought it was pretty cool. I just didn't give it a second thought as I figured that doming had absolutely nothing to do with engraving :)

Jack Walter
01-21-2011, 5:55 AM
When I needed nametags for my science conference I spent a lot of time in the Internet looking for the necessary info, then I found a specialized company and ordered a set of badges. I received them quickly and liked the service. pcnametagdotcom