PDA

View Full Version : 25W Laser System wanted - new guy

Gary Gilbert
09-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Hi folks -

OK - if this is beating a dead horse, just tell me to go away!

I went to a seminar and have been looking to get into a laser system for some time. I've been reading on "this versus that" system. The basics are that I am interested in a 25W system, 12x18 is ok, but would like to be able to fit wider items by removing the sides (or something).

The Reps are great - no problems. But these systems are starting at $12K plus for what I need (rotary is needed).

So - where do I find 25W used or returned systems?
How much can I negotiate on pricing?

I will use this about 5-10 hours a week at most.
I have some solid long-terms jobs lined up.

I'm a father, husband, and coach, and actively involved in my children's lives. The cost issue (per month) is a critical item, and I don't want to box myself in where I have to do 15-20 hours of work just to pay the item off each month!

Anyone have the magic bullet for me?

I would really like to find something less than 4 years old or so that pretty much has the newer drivers available.

I appreciate your help,

Gary

Joe Pelonio
09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Many dealers take trades and sell used lasers, but 25 watts is pretty low power and may be harder to find. There are a few people on the forum that sell used lasers, you might find them by looking at old posts.

I think you will find that a good used laser may still be $8-10,000.

Be careful about E-Bay, there have been scams involving lasers there.

Jim Good
09-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Gary,

Go to usedlasers dot com. They have the following:

1997 Epilog Summit outputting at 31 watts - 17" x 22" x 7.5" height - Full Manuals, Windows 95/98/2000/XP Drivers, 3 Month Warranty - $5000

It is a 25w system that tests at 31 watts. The 17x22" size is a good size and for the volume work you are mentioning, a $5k investment looks like a good deal.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Mike Mackenzie
09-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Gary,

I have a customer who is wanting to sell there Epilog Radius it is a 30 watt and comes with a cutting table and a rotary attachment.

If you send me your e-mail via PM I will put you in touch with them.

Tom Radachi
09-18-2007, 10:51 AM
I've got an older Epilog Summit that I use strictly for hobby purposes and find it most adequate. Got it for about the same as the one mentioned above. Epilog still supports them as there's many out there and they're pretty darn durable.
FWIW