PDA

View Full Version : Bies Splitter Question

Larry Fox
09-17-2007, 9:09 AM
I have the Bies Splitter in my Uni and it stays in about 99% of the time. Only time I remove it is when doing a blind cut or using a jig. However, when I do have to remove it, it is very tough to get out. Seems like sawdust gets into it or something. Several times I have had to disassemble it to get the splitter out. Anyone else have this problem? Has anyone resolved it? If so - how?

Thanks in advance for your time . . .

Aaron Beaver
09-17-2007, 9:15 AM
I wouldn't mind hearing about this one. Mine is pretty tight and its a pain to get out sometimes. I will say it has seemed to get easier over the last couple of months than before and I haven't done anything except take it in and out when needed.

Scott Whiting
09-17-2007, 9:22 AM
I have no trouble getting mine out. I may take it out more often than some folks do so I don't bang it when using the saw top as a workbench.

Mike Spanbauer
09-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Dust can get in there, which is probably what is causing it. I just use my blow gun (80psi) and shoot inside every few weeks and it hasn't jammed on me in a while.

mike

Jim Becker
09-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Mine got tight in the Jet saw like that, too. I just tried to keep it blown out with compressed air and sprayed occasionally with WD40. That seemed to help a lot. You don't want it loose, but you do want it to come out and go back in with only reasonable effort.

Byron Trantham
09-17-2007, 1:59 PM
I have no problem removing or inserting mine. In fact I have the Shark Guard for the Unisaw and it too works well.