PDA

View Full Version : material search

James Rambo
09-17-2007, 8:54 AM
I am looking for a material for a new customer. I have a sample from his back lighted sign. It looks like acrylic about 1/16th inch thick.It has a white coating on the back and I need it to have a reflex blue on the front. This one I have was rotary engraved but, I would like to laser. Does anyone have a supplier for this material? THANKS

Joe Pelonio
09-17-2007, 9:59 AM
it sounds like Rowmark lasermark reverse #922-511.

James Rambo
09-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Joe, This material I have is not a reverse engraveable and the top color is a transluscent so that the back lighting will come through. It is to go into a sign at a local ice cream shop and he is trying to match what is there. Thanks

Joe Pelonio
09-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Ah, then it may just be translucent vinyl over clear acrylic, with the white diffuser vinyl on the back. You would have to get those materials from a local sign supply or sign shop. Engraving through the vinyl is questionable, normally plotter cutting is better, as it may contain PVC though translucent has less than opaque vinyl. I'd suggest using a translucent white vinyl rather than having to add the diffuser vinyl to the back.