PDA

View Full Version : New Toy Gloat!

Sam Chambers
01-31-2004, 9:39 PM
I managed a great buy at the Atlanta WW show today. As discussed in an earlier thread, I was looking for a mini lathe. I saw the Jet for about $200, the Fisch for $220 (I think), and the Delta for $265. While wandering around through the booths, I saw a Delta Midi Lathe on the floor with a much lower price. I asked about it, to see if
they had all the paperwork, and was told that they had more, brand new and in the box, out in the truck.

The price?

$159.00, including tax! But wait...there's more!

It came with a $50 mail-in rebate! So, my net cost is $109!

The bad thing about this whole deal is that, although my recovery from back surgery is going very well, I can't get back into the shop for several months. But at least I can go visit my new toy!

Oh yeah...The vendor was Stone Mountain Power Tools.

Chris Johnson
01-31-2004, 9:51 PM
Great score! Do you know any way a guy from Iowa can get one of those deals?

I managed a great buy at the Atlanta WW show today. As discussed in an earlier thread, I was looking for a mini la
the. I saw the Jet for about $200, the Fisch for $220 (I think), and the Delta for $265. While wandering around
through the booths, I saw a Delta Midi Lathe on the floor with a much lower price. I asked about it, to see if
they had all the paperwork, and was told that they had more, brand new and in the box, out in the truck.

The price?

$159.00, including tax! But wait...there's more!

It came with a $50 mail-in rebate! So, my net cost is $109!

The bad thing about this whole deal is that, although my recover
y from back surgery is going very well, I can't get back into the shop for several months. But at least I can go v
isit my new toy!

Oh yeah...The vendor was Stone Mountain Power Tools.

John Miliunas
01-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Yowza', Sam! Shot and a score! Super deal. Hope your recovery is swift, so that you can take that bad boy out for a spin! (Yeah, yeah...Pun intended! What can I say?!) :cool:

Sam Chambers
01-31-2004, 11:51 PM
Great score! Do you know any way a guy from Iowa can get one of those deals?

If I were going back to the show on Sunday I'd offer to get you one.

Chris, try calling Stone Mountain Power Tools next week and see if they have any left. They're on the web at http://www.smpt.net/ . Their site is pretty bad, but their phone numbers are there.