PDA

View Full Version : Help! Rob Lee is trying to get ALL my money!

Chuck Nickerson
09-17-2007, 12:08 AM
I just went through the new catalog. Whimper. The Classic Reprints alone would consume three month's of tool budget. My fiance will never understand. Rings come and go, but tools are forever.

John Schreiber
09-17-2007, 9:04 AM
. . .Rings come and go, but tools are forever.
Don't let your finance hear that:p.

Mike Cutler
09-17-2007, 9:30 AM
I just went through the new catalog. Whimper. The Classic Reprints alone would consume three month's of tool budget. My fiance will never understand. Rings come and go, but tools are forever.

I dare ya' to repeat that after 20 or so years of marriage.:eek: ,:eek: ,;)

Art Mulder
09-17-2007, 9:32 AM
No, no,

It's a public service. Rob Lee is helping you become stronger.

What?

Like this:

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
Friedrich Nietzsche (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/friedrichn101616.html)

Don Bullock
09-17-2007, 9:40 AM
One reason I've been able to stay married to the same woman for 36 years is that she buys some "bling" when I buy something for myself.;) :D

Doug Shepard
09-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Glad Rob's finally picking on someone else. He already got mine.:(

Mark Stutz
09-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I have always maintained that tool costs were minor...it is the jewelry that accompanies those tools that gets expensie!:D :eek:

Danny Thompson
09-17-2007, 11:47 AM
If only they made engagement rings from A2 steel?

James Carmichael
09-17-2007, 5:41 PM

Chuck,

Best order now, before you walk down the aisle. If you can't find a way to finagle a new tool before vows have even been exchanged, you will be DOOMED later. Once she experiences childbirth, forget it!

Chuck Nickerson
09-17-2007, 10:58 PM
and therefore don't need traditional wedding gifts, perhaps I can register at Lee Valley? That would give her friends something to talk about. Perhaps I should just buy now and pay (in several ways) later.

Mark Stutz
09-18-2007, 4:31 PM
and therefore don't need traditional wedding gifts, perhaps I can register at Lee Valley? That would give her friends something to talk about. Perhaps I should just buy now and pay (in several ways) later.

It's usually easier to beg forgiveness than permission!:D :eek: ;)

Mark

Steve Clardy
09-18-2007, 5:12 PM
Rob Lee got a chunk of mine last week. :rolleyes:

Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont
09-18-2007, 5:19 PM
Chuck,

That'st Nothing...with in 1 1/2 hours of me are 5 LV stores......you have it easy!

Bill Brehme
09-18-2007, 7:15 PM
Have the wedding shower at a Lee Valley store, tell them you mis-spelled the address! Well, while were all here...:rolleyes:

Ed Breen
09-18-2007, 8:49 PM
Got mine on Friday, took it home - got a red sharpie and went through it as a wish list. Told SWMBO that it was the "definitive answer" to what can I get him for ?????
We'll see if it works.
Ed:confused: :confused:

John Schreiber
09-19-2007, 8:29 AM
Have the wedding shower at a Lee Valley store, tell them you mis-spelled the address! Well, while were all here...:rolleyes:
Invite us all. You might come out pretty good. And, well, while we are there . . .

Chuck Nickerson
09-19-2007, 11:14 PM
I'll schedule a wedding shower for one of the woodworking shows in the Lee Valley booth. Since she's leaving town tomorrow, I'll float this idea tonight.