PDA

View Full Version : Been a bad parent lately (ignored the lathe too long)

Stephen Beckham
09-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Well - you all know when the new infant comes along - you somewhat forget the other kids...

I've had my Epilog laser for almost two years now and realized that it's been at least that long since I've turned a bowl, pen or pepper mill...

So I cleaned of the years of dust and went to making more. Not anything to gloat about - but felt and smelt good to be turning instead of burning - at least for a little bit...

I'll go back to burning tomorrow at the store...

Truth is that I've sold all the pens except for three in the store - have to replinish my stock. It was nice to have a day off for the first time in several months - I deserved to make some sawdust for fun for a change.

There are two of the Holy Land Olive, a Cocobola and Texas Ebony.

Later,

Bernie Weishapl
09-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Those are some good looking pens. Yep it sure feels good to get back on the lathe when you have been off for a while. Well done.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Stephen.....doesn't look like you have lost any skills! Nice pens!

Stephen Beckham
09-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks guys - the funny thing is that without it being said, not many would pickup on the fact that I cut them too short on the bottom about 1/4" for the European style. Not a major issue since smaller pens are now acceptable. I figured I'd start back out with the old faithfull and simpliest to do...

Anyway - less than 18 hours after being put together - two of them sold in the store today. A third was strongly looked at and asked to be held till payday as a gift... Guess I need to get back to making some more sawdust.

The funniest part is - I was turning 80 to 100 pens a year and selling them in Maryland (Ft. Meade years) and got turn on to lasers for engraving on them. Now I own a laser engraving store that I sell pens in... :rolleyes: