PDA

View Full Version : highest quality moblie base for older unisaw?

Grant Vanbokklen
09-16-2007, 2:28 PM
I need to get a mobile base for a new-to-me older unisaw. Can anyone recommend which bases are considered best? I'm looking for a base that will support also the legs for a 30" Unifence systems extension table. And if you know of a place where the price is right too...great! Approximately the base is 20.5"x20.25"

Peter Stahl
09-16-2007, 3:59 PM
I got the Delta base when I bought my uni and don't move it much but when I do I rolls real nicely. My saw has the 50" extension.

Nancy Laird
09-16-2007, 4:03 PM
Grant, the Delta mobile base for your saw is available at Woodworker's Supply for $115.29, part number 50-273. You don't need the extension.

Nancy (96 days)

Grant Vanbokklen
09-16-2007, 5:44 PM
Peter, Nancy, In my online search it looked like the Delta was the sturdiest, lift looked the best, and the fit was right. But looks can online looks can be deceiving. I was just curious if there was an after market one that was trying to be better, but guess not. I'll go get one of those. Thanks!

Robyn Horton
09-16-2007, 7:32 PM
Grant You can take a look at Amazon they have a lot of the HTC mobile bases on sale right now up to 75% off and free shipping. There is one thats 21X21 HSJ-1089 thats $38.72 with free shipping. I just ordered a few last week for my jointer and table saw that where both less than $40 ea.

Bruce Page
09-16-2007, 7:41 PM
I got the Delta base when I bought my uni and don't move it much but when I do I rolls real nicely. My saw has the 50" extension.

Same here.

I can't find fault with any of my Delta bases. I can't say that about my one HTC base...

Josiah Bartlett
09-17-2007, 3:34 PM
I have a shop fox base on mine. It works fine.
I bolted a piece of 3/4" plywood to the base to put the saw on top of- this stiffened it quite a bit, gave me the ability to bolt the saw to the base, and plugged the bottom so I wouldn't have to vacuum it out before I moved it.

Jim Becker
09-17-2007, 4:37 PM
HTC welded bases are my favorites.

dan thomas
09-20-2007, 1:24 PM
Grant You can take a look at Amazon they have a lot of the HTC mobile bases on sale right now up to 75% off and free shipping. There is one thats 21X21 HSJ-1089 thats $38.72 with free shipping. I just ordered a few last week for my jointer and table saw that where both less than $40 ea.

I ordered and received the HTC HJC-1089. It does not fit a Unisaw or any other cabinet type saw. It is not the same model Amazon has pictured. The 3rd wheel actually sits inboard, on a simple square design base, preventing the unisaw base from sitting in the frame. I'm returning it. Great price though, today they are $89.35

Jeffrey Makiel
09-20-2007, 1:42 PM
I bought a 3 wheeled HTC base for my Unisaw many years ago. It was very unstable (wobbled). It was also difficult to move about because the rear two casters don't swivel.

I welded one together from angle iron. The best part of my version is that every caster swivels which greatly improves mobility within my small shop. Fixed casters is what has prohibited me from buy any more mobile bases regardless of manufacturer.

-Jeff :)