PDA

View Full Version : take care, old man

Kevin Brown
01-31-2004, 8:53 PM
Had to put our 9yro boxer down today :( got hit by a car and was out in the -0 weather for over an hour until his mom found him in the road.
Don't know what was worse, having to put him down or telling my 4yro son his best friend wasn't coming home.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p8b24e7d23efd8c13c41ac2b1df6107ce/fa5a098f.jpg.orig.jpg

Peter Stahl
01-31-2004, 8:56 PM
It's amazing how attached we get to these furry little critters.

Pete

Mark Singer
01-31-2004, 9:05 PM
I am really sorry to hear that....get another as soon as your ready...it will help. I love my 2 guys and know how you feel...hang in there

John Miliunas
01-31-2004, 9:12 PM
Bummer! Really sorry to hear that Kevin. Saying "Good Bye" to an old friend is never easy. As Mark said, as soon as you're ready....
Take care.

Steve Inniss
01-31-2004, 9:50 PM
Kevin,

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Its' sad, but kids are pretty resilient.

Ron McNeil
02-01-2004, 9:45 AM
Kevin, I'm sorry to hear about your families loss. Your son will hurt but if you can get a replacement it will help the recovrery.

Mike Cutler
02-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of a "family member" to your family Kevin. Dogs can become such an integrated part of our lives that they cease to be "Pets" and become something much greater. I agree with the others, when you are ready, get another little drooling,chair leg chewin', sock stealing ball of energy for your son and the rest of the family.

Kevin Brown
02-01-2004, 1:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words

My son told me this morning that Jake would be O.K. because he would find new friends in doggie heaven. WOW! He's taking it better than me!

I sure we'll have a new "boss" around the house soon!

Rob Bourgeois
02-01-2004, 1:48 PM
I have been there too..Sorry for your lost. My suggestion is get a new dog when your family is ready.

One other thing is thin about going to a place like Pet Smart or Petco on the weekends when the shelters have there animlas there. You get lots of choices of some animals that might never be adopted. Some older some puppies and the price is good. They may not come with papers or be pure bred but they are great animals.