PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid MSUV - $99

Aaron Frank
09-15-2007, 4:46 PM
Just stopped by my local Orange Box and as is my habit, I wandered through the tool aisle. Lo and behold! The MSUV is on close out for $99. http://familywoodworking.org/forums/images/smilies/023.gif They also had the new model around the corner, priced at $169. The only difference I could find is that the new model has an additional 16" when you extend the work supports.

Happy Shopping!
Aaron

Dave Sweeney
09-15-2007, 5:20 PM
Functionally they old and the new are very similar but they sure don't look like each other. I have the old version and quite frankly I like it better than the new one.

Jim Kountz
09-15-2007, 9:45 PM
These things are great as long as you aren’t planning on using it every day on a jobsite. I’ve gone through two of them in three years. They just aren’t made well for everyday use. The darn plastic knobs break and the sliding supports constantly get clogged and become increasingly harder to pull in and out. Don’t get me wrong I love the convenience of the thing I just wish it was a little hardier! With that being said I will say that it has some great features. The ability to turn the rollers around and use for a stop is really nice when making repeat cuts like for deck ballusters and such.

Jim