PDA

View Full Version : Lynne Yamaguchi was at our turners meeting today

Bill Wyko
09-15-2007, 3:15 PM
She seems like a great person. She just got back from a month long exchange event in PA. I went to her website www.lynneyamaguchi.com (http://www.lynneyamaguchi.com) and I must say, she is one incredible turner. She seems to have a real passion for it far beyond the norm. Next month she's going to do a slide show from the event. I can't wait! I should have brought my camera today. There were some HF pieces that were exquisite. I'm very sorry I didn't take pics and I promise I will next month.

Bill Wyko
09-15-2007, 5:31 PM
BTW I had 2 winning raffle tickets too. I won about 5 pieces of various woods.:D Anyone ever turn grapefruit?:o

Mike A. Smith
09-15-2007, 6:06 PM
Anyone ever turn grapefruit?

Sounds squishy, better wear a face shield.:)

Glenn Hodges
09-15-2007, 6:20 PM
I have turned grapefruit. It is pearly white, cuts like butter.

Bill Wyko
09-16-2007, 12:51 AM
That's one of the pieces I won. It's only about 4 inches in diameter but it seems to have an nice grain. Any recomendations on what to turn with a 4"x12" piece? I also recieved a couple pieces of what I think is Ironwood About enough to make 3 or 4 pens. I also got a couple pieces of dunno wood. I dunno what it is:D I'll take a pic tomorrow.:)

Tom Sherman
09-16-2007, 9:16 AM
Bill I saw a demo back in May by Joe Ruminski from North Carolina and he turned an end grain bowl from grapefruit it was awesome.