PDA

View Full Version : Woodstock Woodshow

Art Mulder
09-15-2007, 7:46 AM
Just a reminder, to anyone in the Ont/MI/OH/NY area (or anyone who wants to make the drive) that the annual Woodstock Woodshow (http://www.woodstockwoodshow.ca/) is the last weekend of September this year. Friday Sep 28 through Sunday Sep 30.

Their website is, as always unfortunately, pretty spartan. If you want to find out more about what the show is like, I suggest you pop over to the canadianwoodworking.com forum and do an (advanced) search for topics with the word woodstock in the subject line.

I plan to be there on Saturday afternoon with my family, having a nice wander around. This is a woodshow with a country fair feel to it, as it is spread among several buildings, along with outdoor displays as well. The afternoon is the preferred time to go, IMHO, as it is always very crowded from the opening til about 1pm.

Rob Cosman is always there selling Lie Nielson tools. Lee Valley always has a good sized booth. Dave Eisan -- who is a semi-regular here on SMC -- is always there with the Federated Tool booth. And so on and so forth.

...art

James Mittlefehldt
09-18-2007, 9:30 AM
Hi, I normally hang around the neander forum, as that is what I do, but I will be there this year. Went last year for the forst time in awhile and was pleasantly suprised that there is more stuff on handtools than there used to be.

I found the Kitchener Waterloo show to be good in that respect as well byut have not gone for a while, perhaps this year.

Art Mulder
09-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Bump.

The woodstock website (see first post) now has a list of seminars.

Say hi if you see me.
...art

Rod Sheridan
09-26-2007, 3:01 PM
Hey Art, if you put a huge Art Mulder nametag on, maybe I'll recognize you on Saturday.........Regards, Rod.