PDA

View Full Version : PM2000 showed up today, but...

George Carion
09-14-2007, 4:24 PM
My PM2000 has finally arrived. It's big. It's heavy. Looks to be in good shape, but the fence box was previously opened (always scary).

Both nylon side rails for the fence are bowed so that they are concave against the the table top when attached to the fence. Each is about 1/8" out of flat. Is this normal? They look flexible enough to force flat while tightening their mounting screws. Big deal, or no?

Thanks...

John Hedges
09-14-2007, 5:07 PM
I'd try to tighten the bolts down and see if that works. If not don't hesitate to call PM Support, and they will replace them without question, that's what I had to do, as mine were very untrue, but the replacements they sent were perfect. Funny thing is the replacements had a different texture on the face that the originals FWIW.

Justin Bukoski
09-14-2007, 8:46 PM
You may have to use some shims on that fence to get it just right.

Dwayne Watt
09-14-2007, 9:59 PM
It is a new fence on a new $2000+ saw. Try setting up the fence before making any conclusions, but there is no reason to accept that shims or compromise might be needed to get the fence true. Contact customer service and get proper parts for which you paid if the set up can not be true and square.
Judging by advertisements, this saw gives the appearance of being a very nice unit. Good luck.

George Carion
09-15-2007, 2:45 AM
Looks like the side plates are good enough. Thanks for the input. This machine is a beast!

Doug Shepard
09-15-2007, 7:27 AM
Those aren't very rigid and should be OK. Try to use even pressure when tightening the screws that mount them to the fence too. That stuff can distort a bit under pressure and you can get local bows. They're not really an issue in use, but it's worth trying to avoid them.