PDA

View Full Version : Best hardwood source Southern Maine

James Rowe
09-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Any Creeker's know of a good source of hardwood(s) in Southern Maine. Primarily looking for a source of cherry and hard maple. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Jaimie

Jim Mackell
09-14-2007, 8:55 AM
Any Creeker's know of a good source of hardwood(s) in Southern Maine. Primarily looking for a source of cherry and hard maple. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Jaimie

I've had good luck with Atlantic Hardwood in Portland. Just off 295 near the Cumberland County Jail.

I've heard good things about Seacoat Hardwood in Sanford. Talked to them on the phone and their prices are slightly less that Atlantic. But I haven't been in to see their actual stock yet.

What town you in?

CPeter James
09-14-2007, 9:09 AM
Highland Hardwoods in Brentwood, NH and NO SALESTAX!!

Joe Spear
09-14-2007, 9:31 AM
Yes, try Highland Hardwoods. It's not that far from you.

Joe Unni
09-14-2007, 5:14 PM
Thrice - Highland Hardwoods - Brentwood NH

Greg Cuetara
09-14-2007, 6:53 PM
Four for highland hardwoods. I drive down from Auburn to get my wood there. Also they have a cherry special there for $2.40 / bdft. You have to pick through what they have but there is typically some nice stuff in the pile. You can get on their website and download their price list. highlandhardwoods.com.

Mark Engel
09-14-2007, 7:32 PM
If you do decide to check out Highland Hardwoods, try to plan your trip for October 13th. A friend of mine owns Top Dog Truck Toys, right across the street. He is having an open house on the 13th to celebrate his 3rd year in business. Free hot dogs and sodas. :D ;)

Tell Chris Mark says hi. :)

James Rowe
09-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Sorry for not responding sooner. Thanks for all the replies. I am in Lyman (near Sanford). All of the locations everyone suggested would work for me. I will check a few of them out...having recommendations is always a bonus.

Thanks again,

Jaimie

Dick Aubochon
09-20-2007, 5:37 AM
When you get to Highland Hardwoods be sure to check out the "shorts" bins. I found some nice 8/4 and 12/4 mahogany the other day.

Harvey Boshart
09-20-2007, 8:24 AM
Try this place. It's located outsode Portland. The 2006 price list is still good.

http://www.specialtyhardwoods.org/SpecialtyHardwoods/HardwoodList.asp