PDA

View Full Version : 1st day of Lasering

Todd Fulton
09-13-2007, 9:33 PM
Got our LaserPro M-30 today. Ordered Pinnacle M-30, got LaserPro, same thing I guess.

It was VERY well packed.

1st thing was my cell.
2nd was my Boss's cell.
3rd was Pencil Holder.
4th was the Laptop.

At first the laser would start at the middle of the table. Checked Corel's page setup and found the error.

Only thing I have a question or problem with is... It came with a World Medical, Inc Oilless Piston Pump Air Assist. Model# CVP-90DH, 90 L/Min

That thing gets VERY hot to the touch after about 10 minutes of running. Does that sound right?

I have a Delta AP300 Exhaust blower installed on the back port. That puppy can blow some air! Gonna have to find another room for it. Kills the silence in the lesson room.

I have REALLY enjoyed this site. Learned ALOT too.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pix. Battery dead in good camera.

Bill Cunningham
09-13-2007, 9:42 PM
How nice of you to put my website name on your products :D but you forgot the 'dot CA'

Does that Dell laptop have a aluminum top, or plastic?

Todd Fulton
09-13-2007, 9:52 PM
Plastic. Old Latitude C610. I use it for DJ Gigs.

Just saw it laying there and decided to try it. First thought that ran through my mind was it was making toxic fumes. I don't think it was PVC.

Bill Cunningham
09-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Just asking out of curiosity, I had a fellow email me today with a 'thinkpad' he wants it etched.. I think the newer thinkpad is aluminum, but my daughters old one is plastic...

Joe Pelonio
09-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Yes, air pumps do get hot. Try not to stay up too late playing with the laser.

Nancy Laird
09-13-2007, 10:58 PM
You know, Todd, some people call turning the "vortex." They just don't know, do they? We love our lasers!!!

Nancy (99 days)

Kim Vellore
09-14-2007, 12:13 AM
My laser opens the valve that let the compressed air flow only when it is cutting, during all other times it is closed so the compressor is over worked when the air is blocked. What I did for my laser is I put a 'T' and a pressure regulator which let the air bleed when the laser valve is closed. The compressor runs much cooler now.

Kim

Sean De Gazon
09-14-2007, 2:46 AM
I did some research on the Laserpro/Pinnacle systems a little while back,a really nice machine with some great features. Decided to go Epilog at the end of the end of that journey.
I can't wait to get my laser hopefully at the end of October,if all goes well. They say good things come to those who wait, but why do I have to wait soooo long. I want my toy now!!! :mad: Arrghh
I mean I'd like my really expensive business investment in a more timely manner if thats OK. Time for some Really Strong Undecaffeinated Coffee ;)

Frank Corker
09-14-2007, 4:41 AM
Hey Todd, good start to your lasering life, everyone who goes into your place is going to have to keep their stuff in their pockets or it'll be lasered. :D

Mike Hood
09-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Congrats Todd!

I installed a MAC valve (110V air solenoid valve... $30 at Grainger Tool) just ahead of the air intake, and then switch it on and off with the switched compressor outlet. Puts much less strain on the compressors and allows you to only run the air while the laser is on. You can also color the air flow through the driver that way by using the "air" check box in the pen color property.

Vicky Orsini
09-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey Todd! Welcome to the Creek. Nice work you did there! I don't have the guts to try lasering my laptop. :p

Bill Cunningham
09-16-2007, 10:27 PM
If the compressor is designed correctly, it is 'not' over worked when pumping nothing, because when pumping nothing, it should be running 'unloaded' the intake is closed off, and the compressor sucks no air, so it pumps no air, it simply spins. If it were pumping air, the the output would rise to the pressure capacity of the compressor or output safety valve until something blows (hopefully the valve).. 'If' the machine has no way to shut off the intake, it should NOT be running when NOT in use, because your only creating friction, heat, and wear on your compressor, whether it be piston, vane, or diaphram, that type of compressor requires a pressure set shut off valve. Without a control of some kind, your compressor, or the person working closest to it will be very short lived.