PDA

View Full Version : Program Promoting *pic*

Ken Salisbury
01-31-2004, 12:49 PM
I have these 2 pens which I had engraved with the names of Bud Cramer (my Congressman) and Donald Rumsfeld. My Congressman is going to deliver Mr Rumsfeld's pen to him as soon as I can get them to Washington. I hope these will generate some interest at the highest level. It is at least worth a try.:)

Ted Calver
01-31-2004, 3:17 PM
Ken,
I've been trying to locate some red corian so I can put a red, white and blue stripe on my freedom pens and Ron Smith just sent me some. It looks like you found some 1/4" red or are resawing the half inch stuff. If that's the case, is there any trick to resawing so you still get a zero glue line joint?

Ken Salisbury
01-31-2004, 4:00 PM
Ken,
I've been trying to locate some red corian so I can put a red, white and blue stripe on my freedom pens and Ron Smith just sent me some. It looks like you found some 1/4" red or are resawing the half inch stuff. If that's the case, is there any trick to resawing so you still get a zero glue line joint?
I have been resawing the corian using my BS then sanding the surfaces with 150 grit paper on a glass plate, applying gel CA glue and clamping overnight. Glue line is invisible.

Chris Johnson
01-31-2004, 4:15 PM
Great looking pens. These should turn a head or two.
Keep up the good work. I need to PM you.

I have these 2 pens which I had engraved with the names of Bud Cramer (my Congressman) and Donald Rumsfeld. My Congressman is going to deliver Mr Rumsfeld's pen to him as soon as I can get them to Washington. I hope these will generate some interest at the highest level. It is at least worth a try.:)

Julie Wright
01-31-2004, 10:28 PM
Very Nice Looking Pens. I like the engraving on them. Nice touch. Hopefully they will make it to the right place and Turn Some Heads!!!

Paul Lajoie
02-01-2004, 3:22 PM
I have been resawing the corian using my BS then sanding the surfaces with 150 grit paper on a glass plate, applying gel CA glue and clamping overnight. Glue line is invisible.

Where is the gel ca glue available? Any other tips you can give on turning corian would be greatly appreciated. Just ordered some from Jerry, can't wait to turn some. :)

Ken Salisbury
02-01-2004, 5:33 PM
Where is the gel ca glue available? Any other tips you can give on turning corian would be greatly appreciated. Just ordered some from Jerry, can't wait to turn some. :)
Any of the big boxes (Lowes, HD, etc), hobby supply stores, hardware stores, etc, etc.

tips: sharp tools, light cuts - no problem - sand to 400 grit and polish with plastic/acryrlic polish - available from Hut's, Berea and other places.

Dave Bonde
02-01-2004, 8:09 PM
Great job Ken those are some fine looking pens. Great idea also. Did you have them engraved with a laser or other process. Dave

Ken Salisbury
02-02-2004, 8:39 AM
Great job Ken those are some fine looking pens. Great idea also. Did you have them engraved with a laser or other process. Dave

Laser engraved Dave !