PDA

View Full Version : first turnings trying to get pics this time

John Nowack
09-13-2007, 1:42 PM
I tryed this once before so I am not going to type everything again- basically not the best turning by far but i am training my self. i did joint the SEWTA (woodturners association} there are serveral guys and gals with a lot of experiance.

ok
i think I got the pics to attach. The turnings are differnt than they started at best. I also attACHED A CREATION THAT MY WIFE AND I STARTED 9 MONTHS AGO AND JUST FINISHED LAST THURSDAY

Paul Heely
09-13-2007, 1:44 PM
Those look like some fine first turnings. You and your wife did good too. Congratulations!

Jim Becker
09-13-2007, 2:05 PM
Woah...that last one turned out very nicely...a "shop built" :D turning assistant! (Congrats!)

Paul Engle
09-13-2007, 2:15 PM
CONGRATS on both to your wife and you. Well done indeed:D

Ken Fitzgerald
09-13-2007, 2:23 PM
Nice first turnings but the creation is wonderful! Life is good!

Christopher K. Hartley
09-13-2007, 2:30 PM
The turning creations are great and that last creation steals the show!!:)

Neal Addy
09-13-2007, 2:57 PM
Cool! The first pic on the left is my favorite. Is he reaching for a bowl gouge?

Congrats!!!

John Taylor
09-13-2007, 3:16 PM
HI

The turnings look excellent and the collaborative piece is wonderfull, congratulations. :D

john

TYLER WOOD
09-13-2007, 4:47 PM
Boy that first one looks like it was an inside out turning for you wife!!!! :eek:

I'd keep him!!!! congrats on the new tool user. Just make sure you teach him to only use the tools when your not using them. Otherwise you have to get duplicates!!!

Steve Schlumpf
09-13-2007, 8:47 PM
Congrats John! Your turnings look good - your baby looks perfect! Enjoy!

Dennis Peacock
09-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow John....that 9 month turning project just as cute as can be. :D

Oh...and nice wood turnings to boot. ;)

Tom Sherman
09-15-2007, 7:02 PM
Nice first wood turnings and congrats on the new tool grabber.

Bill Wyko
09-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Great job across the board! Congradulations on the baby and the skills.:)

Ernie Nyvall
09-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Nice job on the turnings, and congrats on that burl.

Dean Thomas
09-28-2007, 6:15 PM
I was more than a little curious as to how that third pic qualified as a lathe project, especially in only 2 feet of a two car garage...

I was also curious how you're getting along with your Craftsman lathe. Not many folks have kind things to say about them, especially as they get the least bit older and Sears disavows and divorces them, leaving them without spare parts or support.

Will also read your Santa thread with anticipation of smiles. :)

Doug M Jones
09-29-2007, 6:20 AM
John,
Congrats all around. You've sucessfully aquired the one thing that will suck $$ faster than the vortex:D My youngest is is college so no mustard for me:(

Seriously, enjoy all your time with your children, they flee the nest in no time.

Bernie Weishapl
09-29-2007, 11:16 AM
The 9 month creations looks pretty cute and oh the wood turnings look great.

Keith Christopher
09-29-2007, 1:29 PM
Congrats on your first turnings, and of course that wonderful lill gift from God himself.

All the best,
Keith

John Nowack
10-01-2007, 8:53 AM
I bought the craftsman for $40 to make sure I would take to the hobbi. It wabble pretting bad and it has a tube for a bed. It alsohas a #! morse taper with the fine threads. Every purchase i make to upgrade and do what I nedd end up being a decition between something that I can adapt to the more popular 8 tpi with a #2. I am all ready trying to buy a new "used" Lathe from the club up here. It was a good gamble to make sure I could accomplish something before investing a ton of money