PDA

View Full Version : New dust collection hood for chop saws

Jamie Buxton
09-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Fastcap has just introduced a dust collection hood for chopsaws which looks like it should work well. I've used the dropcloth-hanging-behind-the-saw approach, and this version looks like an improvement. http://wwhardware.com/media/products/apcharts/fcsawhood.gif

frank shic
09-13-2007, 12:55 PM
jamie, thanks for updating the rest of us about the recent development! it's a little cheaper than the downdrafter but it looks like it wood be more ideally suited to the worksite rather than the workshop. i wonder how long it takes to assemble that whole contraption?

James Carmichael
09-13-2007, 4:46 PM
i wonder how long it takes to assemble that whole contraption?

Might take a while, Frank, but it looks it could double a camping tent that would sleep the whole family.

Matt Chantry
09-13-2007, 9:39 PM
Frank,

What is the 'downdrafter'?

M

frank shic
09-13-2007, 11:26 PM
james, that's pretty funny. it could DEFINITELY fit my two little girls! matt, check out this link, clink on the video and be in the know.

http://www.rousseauco.com/downdrafter/index.htm

Ted Baca
09-14-2007, 12:04 AM
As an owner of a Downdrafter I can only say that it is NOT what I had hoped it would be. I have alwasy loved the Rousseau products as they seem well though out and well built. But I have a DeWalt DW735 which I was told by Rousseau was the guinnea pig for the Downdrafter. I have to sweep the majority of the sawdust into the vacuum port and get a lot of sawdust outside of the downdrafter. I have my saw on a Rousseau miter saw stand (2875XL) but I think it just needs more pitch to the hole and longer wings. I am using a Jet 1100 CFM dust collector that is about 8 feet away so I don't think is's a flow issue. The new one looks like it may not work with sliders to well. But it gives me some ideas for modifications to the Rousseau

frank shic
09-14-2007, 1:03 AM
ted, thanks for your insights. the search continues...