PDA

View Full Version : Please Place Ads in our Classified Forum

Keith Outten
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Please refrain from placing sale ads in any Forum here except the Classified Forum. I realize everyone wants to receive the maximum exposure for things they want to buy or sell but we don't want our individual Forums to contain any advertising.

Help us keep The Creek clean!

Nancy Laird
09-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Keith, I sort of agree with this premise. That said, however, I have to say that if the ad for our second laser had not been in this forum, we wouldn't have found it and our business wouldn't have exploded like it has.

How about a brief and quick "I have an ad in Classified" post with a link to the classified forum? Is that okay?

Nancy (99 days)

Matt Meiser
09-13-2007, 12:07 PM
The problem I see with that is that if everyone starts doing it, pretty soon we'll have 1 additional post in each forum for every post in the classifieds. For those of us using the "New Posts" feature, we'll see every single one of them. At that point, what's the point of having forums to divide things up?

Joe Pelonio
09-13-2007, 12:07 PM
I see your point, Nancy, but then a post and link is still an ad in the wrong place. It seems to me that a better way around this is for the person to give a few lines about why they are leaving the business, acquiring a new laser, or whatever, which would be of interest to other laser owners, and mention that the old one is posted on the classifieds (no link).

Craig Hogarth
09-13-2007, 12:25 PM
I'll side with Nancy. It's not like there's a lot of people selling lasers or blanks here and even if there were, a good portion of us would be interested.

Provided it's not an actual manufacturer or distributor making the post, I would like to see more members looking to sell excess inventory. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal and the whole classified section here is written in greek, so I usually don't look there.

Gary Hair
09-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I'll side with Nancy. It's not like there's a lot of people selling lasers or blanks here and even if there were, a good portion of us would be interested.

Provided it's not an actual manufacturer or distributor making the post, I would like to see more members looking to sell excess inventory. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal and the whole classified section here is written in greek, so I usually don't look there.

I like looking for a bargain as well, but I would rather the ads be in the ad section and the information be in the information section. I have perused the classifieds and don't understand what is "written in greek"? The titles seemed to be pretty descriptive, if not, a simple click lets you see what they posted.

Gary

Mark Winlund
09-13-2007, 1:06 PM
I think that short mention that somehing is for sale should be allowed. I belong to other forums that don't allow any mention of something for sale, and they become little clubs with a small number of exclusive members that chat among themselves. The price and availability of laser equipment is one of the main subjects here, and lasers for sale is part of that subject. Also, I would restrict it to individual members, not laser sales businesses (obviously).

Personally, I never look in the classified section unless I hear about it in here!

One might as well not allow newbies to post since they clutter up the bandwith with the same questions all the time. Pretty much the same as advertising....

Mark

Mike Null
09-13-2007, 1:50 PM
I'm gonna side with Joe simply because doing otherwise would require a lot of police work that none of us want to do.

Nearly every day on one or the other of the forums somebody's posting ads or links which don't belong. It is much easier if all would observe the policy we have.