PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Mr. Balolia

Don Bullock
09-12-2007, 10:28 PM
I realize that this is somewhat of a starnge post, but I really appreciate Grizzly tools and I realize that Mr. Balolia, the president of Grizzly Tools (or at least his representative) frequents this forum.

This year I have bought several woodworking tools from different companies including a G0490 jointer from Grizzly. At first I was very aprehensive because I'd never even seen one of their jointers before I ordered one and I had never had a large machine like that shipped to my home. The whole experience has been great and so has the jointer. One thing that really stood out last night as I struggled for two hours putting together a stand for equipment from another company is that Grizzly shipped the jointer base already assembled. That's a "small" thing to most, but for me it's a big deal and I'd like to thank those at Grizzly who put the customer first in their business. It's simple things like a pre-assembled base that make my day and tell me that I should consider a company for some future purchases. Thanks Mr. Balolia.

Lance Norris
09-13-2007, 9:08 PM
I have 2 large Grizzly tools (steel frame bandsaw, spiral head planer)and both are excellent. I have only seen good comments about Grizzly. The quality of their machinery is as good as anything for twice the price.

Tom Clark FL
09-14-2007, 6:01 PM
I have nine Grizzly machines in my shop. What more can I say. All have been trouble free and are a great value. I have recommended Grizzly to all my friends for 15 years now.

Marcus Ward
09-14-2007, 8:30 PM
Mr. Balolia is a class act all the way. I've never dealt with the head of such a large company and had such excellent service. Amen to everything you said.

Nancy Laird
09-14-2007, 10:00 PM
....Grizzly shipped the jointer base already assembled. That's a "small" thing to most, but for me it's a big deal and I'd like to thank those at Grizzly who put the customer first in their business. It's simple things like a pre-assembled base that make my day and tell me that I should consider a company for some future purchases.

Don, FYI - when we got our Steel City jointer in December, it came in two crates--the fully-assembled base in one crate and the bed in the second crate. The bed was shipped upside-down on a piece of styrofoam attached to a wood pallet. All we had to do was to lift the bed onto the base, attach the two together, attach the fence and make sure it was perpendicular, and attach the on/off stalk. Plugged it in, ran a board across it, and it was perfect! Took about 10 minutes.

Don't know if you've seen this info before, but when we got our SCTW planer, the digital readout gauge didn't work. One quick call to SCTW and we had two new batteries via FedEx, PLUS a new readout, just in case the one we got was bad. By the way the fellow who answered the phone and made sure we got the package was Scott Box, the VP of US operations for SCTW. They don't let the phone ring more than 3 times before it's answered--EVERYONE in the place is on phone duty. No phone tree, no "press 1 for English" - just a real person answering the phone. What a refreshing thought--to be able to talk to a real person on the other end!

Nancy (98 days)

Don Bullock
09-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Nancy, thanks for int information. I'm familiar with Steel City and praised them as well when I bought my SC mortiser. I think, however, for a well established company like Grizzly to still package tools the way a "new" company does even makes them look even better. They could easily have a "we don't care attitude" after all their years of success, but they don't.

Your number reminds me that I need to start counting the days toward my retirement. Mine's a little longer than yours, but coming up soon -- the last day of the school year this year.:D :D :D

Nancy Laird
09-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I agree, Don. Grizzly seems to be working with and for the customer, rather than for themselves. Makes a huge difference.

Nancy (98 days)

Shiraz Balolia
09-19-2007, 9:52 AM
I realize that this is somewhat of a starnge post, but I really appreciate Grizzly tools and I realize that Mr. Balolia, the president of Grizzly Tools (or at least his representative) frequents this forum.

This year I have bought several woodworking tools from different companies including a G0490 jointer from Grizzly. At first I was very aprehensive because I'd never even seen one of their jointers before I ordered one and I had never had a large machine like that shipped to my home. The whole experience has been great and so has the jointer. One thing that really stood out last night as I struggled for two hours putting together a stand for equipment from another company is that Grizzly shipped the jointer base already assembled. That's a "small" thing to most, but for me it's a big deal and I'd like to thank those at Grizzly who put the customer first in their business. It's simple things like a pre-assembled base that make my day and tell me that I should consider a company for some future purchases. Thanks Mr. Balolia.

Don, thank you for your comments and your business. We appreciate it.

Ken Glass
09-19-2007, 10:13 AM
No, Thank You, Mr. Balolia,
I have a total of eight (8) Grizzly tools and would not buy anything else, for the great customer service alone. It is alway a pleasure visiting your Showrooms and we appreciate your friendly and knowledgeable staff. Keep up the good work of providing great products and services.

Richard M. Wolfe
09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Another vote for Grizzly (20 inch planer). Only one tool so far...probably won't be the last.

Andrew Jordan
09-19-2007, 11:05 AM
I'd like to buy Grizz, but they don't have any stores up here, and I really don't want to pay a truck to ship internationally (that can get pretty expensive)....

Someday, I'll bring my truck down to the States and stop by the warehouse and upgrade my shop! :D

Daniel Hsueh
09-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I am in Canada and I read some Canadian woodworking forums and we always pine longingly at Grizzly tools but lament Grizzly's no-ship-to-Canada policy.

Some of those forum members make road trips to the USA and document their travels and their new toys (http://www.canadianwoodworking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17093). They give us all hope (http://www.canadianwoodworking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18212) that some day we too can own our own white-and-green toys.

joe greiner
09-21-2007, 7:43 AM
I am in Canada and I read some Canadian woodworking forums and we always pine longingly at Grizzly tools but lament Grizzly's no-ship-to-Canada policy.

Can you cite a verified reference for this? I find no such limitation in their current paper catalog.

Joe

Daniel Hsueh
09-21-2007, 9:48 AM
http://www.grizzly.com/qa_questions.aspx
http://www.grizzly.com/foreign_orders.aspx
search for "Canada" on both pages above